ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 First Car Project

Clio Grande RN
oh really? :( i heard alloys barely made a difference if any at all :( maybe its different for youngsters :( I'll give em a ring next week and see what they say :)

It totally depends on the insurance company and their policies. Sometimes they can be a little bit of of a bítch about it. I suggest you look into what options you have to modify your car with your chosen policy as I'm sure you wouldn't want it to increase by too much. I've heard that some policies do allow slight exterior adjustments to be made without affecting the cost drastically.

Looking good for a first car project though mate, I bought a Clio just a few days ago, after my holiday and once the weather brightens up going to start tinkering with it! :rasp:

Listerine & Poledo
I think declaring anything but standard at your age will skyrocket your premiums. To be honest, things like the spoiler just really isn't worth declaring for the price you will pay for it IMO. I personally refuse to declare anything on my car because I am currently on my first year insurance at 19 years of age and I cannot afford 10x the cars worth for such silly little things as a set of alloys.

Better hope you dont get involved in any sort of incident then fella

THe rub here is that if you can't afford them, don't have them

It totally depends on the insurance company and their policies. Sometimes they can be a little bit of of a bítch about it. I suggest you look into what options you have to modify your car with your chosen policy as I'm sure you wouldn't want it to increase by too much. I've heard that some policies do allow slight exterior adjustments to be made without affecting the cost drastically.

Looking good for a first car project though mate, I bought a Clio just a few days ago, after my holiday and once the weather brightens up going to start tinkering with it! :rasp:

Cheers mate, i haven't had to do much to my car in the cold yet haha although when I put the spoiler on it was freezing lol :) and yeah i'm gonna give them a ring soon

Better hope you dont get involved in any sort of incident then fella

THe rub here is that if you can't afford them, don't have them

I agree with this mostly but stuff like the spoiler i put on my car i just don't see the point in declaring them as the chances that will stop a claim is like minimal but anything bigger than that i'm declaring, alloys, lowering etc.

Also just ordered some new mirror caps so my wing mirrors will be colour coded :)

1.2 16v clio
Hmm when I had a rover and changed bits on it the insurance didn't change as it was OEM

Just an update to say that i'm looking for a set of dynamique alloys for my car and i should get my money tomorrow so hopefully this project will move a little faster.

And since I haven't washed my car since I bought it I thought i'd post a pic of the back (the pic doesn't do it justice) covered in dirt.

Also getting my windscreen chip repaired tomorrow by autoglass, hopefully it'll only be the price they quoted of £88, which is already pretty expensive.