ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 & Gti-6 - Just cleaned.

330i. E30 Touring.
Bit bored at work, so I thought I'd upload a few pics.

No special products really used, and apologies for the inadequate camera.

CIMG2956.jpg

CIMG2960.jpg

CIMG2964.jpg

CIMG2966.jpg

CIMG2969.jpg

CIMG2999.jpg

* Waits for this thread needs lowering comments! *

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
GTi-6 is going to be my next track car. Love them.

What sticker is that on the boot of your clio??

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
GTI6, awesome. I miss my Rallye. It was a rattly bugger, but more fun than anything I've ever driven. Supercharging is relatively cheap too.

Static Low
Has the Clio been raised ? haha.
It looks soo high.

I like the Gti-6 mate, theres a white one like that on my street. On its arse. Dont know much about them.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Don't see why people man off over the GTI-6...it's not that fast, not that good lookin, soft core sport...Meh! I'd rather the 1.2 tbh!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Don't see why people man off over the GTI-6...it's not that fast, not that good lookin, soft core sport...Meh! I'd rather the 1.2 tbh!
Drive one Ali. My rallye stayed with Riz's 182 easily, and was more 'fun' than the Trophy. Not as capable, but not much beats drifting off an island at speed. Steering is fantastic, engine sounds great, just so much fun.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Not convinced. Same motor at the VTS Xzara and thats not RS pace...And i seriously doubt its as much fun as a trophy! ;)

330i. E30 Touring.
A 182 is quicker than the one above, but not by much at all.

The steering and the feel on the 6 is awesome. The easiest and most controlled lift off oversteer I've ever experienced.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Why would you want to compare lift off oversteer! LOL! It's hardly a selling point!

Don't remember that on my Trumps cards! ;)

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Not convinced. Same motor at the VTS Xzara and thats not RS pace...And i seriously doubt its as much fun as a trophy! ;)
6speed box versus 5speed in the VTS. Makes a big difference. The lift off oversteer is fantastic, in the 182's they snap, but the 306's just gently drift. Honestly, it was more fun than the Trophy. Can't carry the same speed (not much can!) but huge fun.

106 GTi
lol @ the 6 banter.

I guess people man off over the same reasons as the Vee Ali!

I would not buy one though.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
What's the year on that 6? 1999 or something? Nearly ten years old and yet I would happily buy that before any of the current Pug range - even if they were the same value.

Where did Peugeot go wrong? The GTi-6 and Rallye (a 106 especially) are still on my list of cars that I'd love to have a blat in.

D.

330i. E30 Touring.
What's the year on that 6? 1999 or something? Nearly ten years old and yet I would happily buy that before any of the current Pug range - even if they were the same value.

Where did Peugeot go wrong? The GTi-6 and Rallye (a 106 especially) are still on my list of cars that I'd love to have a blat in.

D.

Yep, 1999.

Couldn't agree more, they have made arguably some of the best hot hatches ever. Yet, seem to have done nothing much in the last 5 years.

Tay

Titanium Clio 182
Ive always liked the GTI 6.
There used to be a black one round here a while back & it went like shizzle, sounded good too.
Was quicker than I expected it to be :eek:

106 GTi
Ignore book figures for old Pugs, they always unlike other manufactures tested with Half Payloads to keep insurance groups down lol

106 GTi
S16 had a engine out of the late model 405 Mi 16's - 155 brake opposed to 167 and a 5 speed box.

A4 Avant
Ah, cool. Saw a really nice S16 recently and thought it might have been the imported version. Cheers for that rich.

Golf R/Leon FR
my brother used to have a gti-6, have to agree with ali on his comments. never liked it tbh.

much prefer the drive of the Rs-1 to it.

Writen off dci 100
i know no better

iv only seen 1 white one before and it was quicker than i expected

but not too quick for the cup ;)

clio trophy No56
I have owned a FF182 a GTI6 and now a Trophy.
Yes the GTI6 and my FF182 were fun and they were just as quick in a straight line but the Trophy is just different class, much more fun on the twisty bits, dont get me wrong the 6 was good on the twisty bit also, it was better than my FF182.
Trophy all day for me, if i did have some spare cash it would be going towards a 6 to use as my daily drive.

clio trophy No56
They did not make many, year or two's production as the Phase 1 GTi 6 soon came along.

Not sure how many S16's were made but over the 3 phases of the GTI6 there were only 3000 or so made. Mine was a Astor, 1 of only 60 made.