ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 mtv kerbed about 25 mph

G/F hit kerb last week coming off roundabout. Dinged the steel wheel a bit only so we thought. But on next journey out it developed a wobble that increased with speed and got gradualy worse.

Got it home on ramps and found n/s rod end was shafted and the driveshaft/cv joint were hose too. Every thing else looks ok, ie no creases in lower arms due to bending or cracks in subframe. Drop link ok, bush mounts ok and same for the wheel bearing. Changed out the knackered bits but although its much better the steering wheel is still wobbling a bit at all speeds. Apart from the obvious dmg i cant see anything else that would cause it.

Is it just a case of getting a re-track done or have i missed something?

cheers

renault clio 1.4 16v
if youve changed bits on the steering and suspension its always a good idea to get it re aligned, however miss alignment shouldnt cause a wobbeling effect, are you sure the rim itself hasnt bent off centre or the tyre may be damaged?

if youve changed bits on the steering and suspension its always a good idea to get it re aligned, however miss alignment shouldnt cause a wobbeling effect, are you sure the rim itself hasnt bent off centre or the tyre may be damaged?

bunged the spare on anyway but nothing to say the spare isnt buckled either i guess >< could the hub been twisted or would it just shear off 1st? ill swap front to backs tomorrow and try again

Last edited:
  Mec 350 slk manual
bunged the spare on anyway but nothing to say the spare isnt buckled either i guess >< could the hub been twisted or would it just shear off 1st? ill swap front to backs tomorrow and try again
Swap the front with the back and try that

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
Get the wheel balanced?

My thought exactly, a wheel weight could have been ripped off when you hit the kerb etc, a wheel out of balance can cause bad vibrations and movement in the steering wheel. Mine was out of balance and shoot at 70MPH until I got the wheels rebalanced.