ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 or 1.4 mk1 Clio

306 XLd

Hello

I am currently looking at mk1 clios for my next car, This car will mainly be used to drive up the m6 to scotland and back from my house
(600miles roughly) so which engine would be better at coping with this. Would the 1.2 be ok on the motorway or would the 1.4 have the extra power so better at overtaking?

thanks for any help

Rb 182

I would go for the 1.4 IMO. I have a 1.4 Rt and it copes fine on motorways, went to Manchester and back no problem.

Dave

Skoda Fabia vRS

another vote for a 1.4RT

no point gettin a 1.2 if you can afford insurance etc on the 1.4

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

Quote: Originally posted by Djw Dave on 18 January 2005

I would go for the 1.4 IMO. I have a 1.4 Rt and it copes fine on motorways, went to Manchester and back no problem.

Dave
I went down with Dave and did some of the driving, was impressed with the car, apart from the bouncyness of the lowered suspension it was a very easy journey, defo get a 1.4RT.

if its purely no frills and just for getting from A to B get the 1.2, should be able to sit at 80 no probs and it a motorway so doesnt matter about overtaking, but obviously the 1.4 is better

rsturbo and a xr3i

you will only wish you had got the 1.4 if you get the 1.2 so i say for just the little bit extra get the 1.4