ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1*2 Quaife Diff - Worth it?

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
In effect, i'm buying a refurbed box from Northloopcup, but the option is there to have the Quaife fitted whilst its being done ...
Now, assuming the R53 is dead and being broken up (ill know after the weekend), this will be sued on track instead, so i'm partly tempted as it made a massive difference to the R53 with its 230 bhp, then less difference to the R56 with similar power (but that already had an e-diff), but for a clio with 175bhp or so, im really not so sure? Dont remember ever thinking that the Trophy needed one (even on track), it was super adjustable on the throttle without needing the front to be super hooked up like the R53, but then, its been the best thing ever in the R53. For a turbo'd/sc'd built i imagine it would be essential, but for NA, whats the general consensus?

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I'd say if you plan on a bit more power down the line, yes, definitely. Saying that the standard Clio stilll breaks traction on the inside wheel when being a hooligan so could still be worth it

330i. E30 Touring.
Depends on the application. If it's a cheap track car, it's not needed. If you're doing it properly, then it becomes the weak point at some stage of the progress.

I wouldn't. because i'm cheap and you can still have fun in a Clio without one.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
On a near standard road car I wouldn't bother but, on track, it's probably the first thing I would do to mine. Without traction control, my Cup spins up the inside wheel for fun on track days, especially if it's damp. A diff would help it along no end I would expect.

Tough one Dave especially in a budget track car if that's what's its going to be, If I where to want a diff I'd sell my car and purchase a Clio with one already fitted as it would be a hell of a lot cheaper. You're not going to have much change from £2k fitting one new.

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
I'd say it's well worth it. I still think it's pound for pound the best modification for a Clio even if your running standard power. It made the most impact to the cars handling out of all the mods I've done.
Also depends if you keep the car!

Clio 172 (CUP)
Well you just beat me to that box and I was going to ask Mark to fit a Quaife diff for the reasons of it being a road legal track, sprint, hill climb car, maybe with some competitive racing in the future ;) ...Plus it's a fit and forget unit compared to a gripper.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Yes. Drive an fn2 civic with the lsd. Bugger all torque, not a great deal of power, and it's a huge difference to drive.