ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.4 16v Clio Juddering/Shaking HELP!!!!

renault clio 1.4 16v
hey guys i have a 1.4 16v clio i am in a bit of a sticky situation. i left my car over night parked up and went bed woke up to go work in the morning and the car has an awful Judder/Shake and exhaust has a slight misfire. My first guess was spark plugs so i changed all 4 and its still the same i took it to a mechanic (which to me didnt seem to know what he was talking about) told me that my headgasket had gone? this was imposible as i checked the water and oil and every thing was fine. So now i turn to my fellow clio users and ask for help lol would any one possibly know why my car is shaking so heavily and turns off as theres not enough power ? HELPP!!!!

Clio 182
hey guys i have a 1.4 16v clio i am in a bit of a sticky situation. i left my car over night parked up and went bed woke up to go work in the morning and the car has an awful Judder/Shake and exhaust has a slight misfire. My first guess was spark plugs so i changed all 4 and its still the same i took it to a mechanic (which to me didnt seem to know what he was talking about) told me that my headgasket had gone? this was imposible as i checked the water and oil and every thing was fine. So now i turn to my fellow clio users and ask for help lol would any one possibly know why my car is shaking so heavily and turns off as theres not enough power ? HELPP!!!!

Have you tried the coil packs? See if that resolves the issue :)

renault clio 1.4 16v
ive just connected my ecu and it gave me a cylinder 2 misfire code so ive changed coils 2 and 3 now the car hesitates on acceleration any ideas on what it could be this time ? im hearing these clios have a reputation for electrical faults and after 3 months of purchasing its all starting!