ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.4 Clio Starting then deign almost instantly.

Liquid Yellow R27
My clio has been running a bit rough when first starting it since I've had it (about 3 or 4 months), usually from cold. It's usually quite jerky and it tries to stall itself when lifting off the clutch unless done carefully.

Today I started it up and pretty much instantly the rev counter just dropped to nothing and the engine cut out. I turned it off and on again, it did the same. I tried it again, but put revs on whilst starting it. That seemed to keep it on then.

Anyone know what the problem could be? I've plugged my sub back in yesterday, so could it be to do with that possibly draining the battery or something?

Any help / advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance! :)

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
No doubt a K4J 16v... could be a few things all contributing toward the main issue but i'd start simple - Service your car properly including cleaning out the IACV and TB thoroughly.

Mick

Liquid Yellow R27
Yeah it's the 16V engine. It was serviced not long ago. What is the IACV and TB? - I'm a bit of a n00b :)