ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1/4 mile times

182 Cup
last time i was there, was 35 deg heat, and u needed 2500 revs + just to unstick the tyres from where u were sat.

Sounds like when I was there! Gary's Picnic 2006 - 16th July. It was silly hot! Think my car was saying 34 degrees.

15.077 @ 90.18mph. Car was totally stock back then.

Tav

Clio 197
Dont make it sound like a 1.3 Polo ''thats it'' :nono:

Its not by a mile and then some :rasp:

Ok the standard supercharger was replaced by a turbo...it's got some suspension mods, a dif and some proper tyres...but it's not crazy.

Tav

Clio 197
I used to be on Club Polo as is he. Bought a few bits from him when he started doing performance parts for Polo's. Has one of the most interesting cars on the site, pretty impressive performance for such a wee engined car. How do you know him?

Clio172 / Focus Ti X
ive been down the strip at crail in a few cars!

My old Punto GT. Seb 2 setup (approx 170 to 180bhp) - 15.2 (best)

My old Mr2 Rev1 Turbo - running around 260 bhp - 13.9 (again best)

Taking the clio shortly and hoping for around 15 dead

Mk2 1.2 Campus
I prefer Santa Pod and Shakespeare county raceway. I used to go York in the 80's as a kid when my dad and his pals used to race down there and its never changed. A serious lack of investment and refusal to update has lost them my custom.

My quickest times were recorded at Santa Pod ( times varey also depending on weather ) personally a cold day with a dry track is your best bet.

Agreed, I went yesterday to york and the roads for both spectators and for the pits are terrible

330Ci (Fail)Sport
I went to Santa Pod recently, best was 15.2 @ 90.24mph.

Had to control the wheelspin at even low rev starts due to whatever thing they'd put on the start section, never get wheelspin when I floor it on a normal road though so a bit disappointed. Was a cold-ish day so maybe that's why it didn't help. Dunno. Should have asked more questions when I was there tbh.

53 Clio's & counting
Ran 14.1 @ 99 mph in my old willy engined valver, hoping to beat that in the 172.................................................

yeah right lol, hoping to crack into the 14s, ran a 14.9 with my g-tec, and from my experience my g-tec is usually a few tenths slower than the actual car when iv tested in against pods timing equipment

53 Clio's & counting
me nick? just an exhaust chap, though for that lack of spare wheel and rear seats might be called for