ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.4 MPG - shocking?

A3 1.8T
Hiya,

Currently getting around 200-220 miles p-er tank (£33 currently) in my 1.4 16v (MK2 PH1)

Am assuming this is pretty bad, driving is two 13 mile journeys a day plus occasional motorway journeys and town driving.

M140i
If i reset my trip computer and floor it i still get a minimum of 9-10 to begin with, something wrong with ur computer i expect lol

Recaro'd 182
your ecu is putting to much fuel in, some sensor is at fault? it is odviously running very rich!

FF Blackgold 182
Well, I can get 300 odd miles out of a tank of fuel in my 182. More if I drive sensibly. I suggest you get it looked at mate. Do you rag it everywhere?

A3 1.8T
You think it would be possible to get 200 miles out of a tank if it was running ok but just getting spanked constantly?

Edit: Wouldn't say everywhere, my drive to work is just back roads that are empty so temptation sometimes gets the better of me! but some of it goes pasts schools so obviously no more than 20-30 at them times

FF Blackgold 182
You think it would be possible to get 200 miles out of a tank if it was running ok but just getting spanked constantly?

Edit: Wouldn't say everywhere, my drive to work is just back roads that are empty so temptation sometimes gets the better of me! but some of it goes pasts schools so obviously no more than 20-30 at them times

As said, I can get 200+ easy, even if I'm always going into the power band. I got 220 miles out of my last tank and last sunday, I was driving round an airfield all day. Reset the trip for that and it was 23.9 mpg. As said, either your maths is wrong, (no offense) or your car is running rather rich.

A3 1.8T
Must be rich, that math cant be far out. Filled up from empty put £33 reset the clock done 212 miles and put £32.60 in (same price, same station even same petrol pump!)

Mite take trip to Rentech, better find their number see if they have any slots available today

FF Blackgold 182
Must be rich, that math cant be far out. Filled up from empty put £33 reset the clock done 212 miles and put £32.60 in (same price, same station even same petrol pump!)

Mite take trip to Rentech, better find their number see if they have any slots available today

Best to get it checked, yeah. Does sound as if there may be a issue. I know I rely on my trip computer, but I can put £40 in and it will last me for over 300 miles and that's on a 2.0 litre. Hope you get it sorted mate, if there is a problem that is. :)

As Anim@l has said i would be getting it checked over if it was mine as you should be ableto get about 280-300 miles from your £33 tank.

D

dick

oops missed some post. hope its nothing dude.

but, you need to look at the litres your putting in.

brim it, reset trip, drive til about empty, brim it again. write down no. of litres.

(no. of miles *4.55)/ no of litres = your mpg

i was worried before but i think i must have been not looking at it right or sumthing.

Last edited by a moderator:
  BMW M5 & E36
£33 wouldnt get you anywhere near a full tank, so check that those 220 miles is actually a true reading. Mine is pretty much the same though so don't worry too much. I don't have the patience to drive slowly for a full tank to check it's my driving.

b/g 182, meg tourer
as dick said i think mick m means that he gets get 200 - 220miles out of a tank in his 1.4 NOT 1.4 mpg as this would just be stupid!
not even possible in a clio. unless there is a petrol leak!