ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.4 or 16v

well i guess the biggest factor is ur budget, if u can afford the insurance go for the 16v! remember the rt is only a group 5 i think :)

BTW, wot sort of times is ur RT pushing? and wots the back box like?

well its a bb2 backbox but if i decide to keep i am getting lexus lights on thursday and then will save got the 4 1/4 k-tec exhause and de cat should be bout £300 if memory serves me right. was thinking if i get it looking spanking i could allways have a 16v engine put in at a later time.

only thing i would miss would be extre dials wide arches and bonnet

oh and as for times easily got to 100 today with 4 ppl in the car and can do 0- 60 in bout 11 sec before exhaust and ik were put on. plus getting 195/45 15 fox 1 evo wheels in week or so so will thay affect times or speed much

Stick with it and when you can insure a 16v sensiby get one or whatever the nearest is then ( say the newer clios)

The RTs go well as standard and yours looks good.

Think you need to be VERY enthusiastic to own a 16v to be honest, big grin factor when its going to plan but very hard to fix, expensive and complicated.

yeah suppose so plus i am only 19 so insurance will be high.do u know how rts perform with a 1.8 or 2ltr engine.would it handle it ok and would it be pretty much the same as a valver speed wise

Was a Clio 1.8 16v

It really depends on budget. If ur only 19 im guessing u dont earn a serious amount of cash & ull have to be dedicated to keep a 16v A1, ie bid bills will come ur way evey now & then. If u really into fast driving and handling then the 16v is more than worth the cost.

A 16v is by far the superior car but engine tuning is expensive if u wanna make it even faster (which u will if ur like me)! ;)

ok well might just do up the rt till i have enough for an engine translant ofr a valver.but would still like peoples views on transplants into an rt

In my opinion its not worth whacking a valver lump into anything else, simply cos its not that simple, you will HAVE to uprate the brakes, running gear, etc etc...

Performance wise obviously it would be compareable but you may aswell just wait for the time when you can insure and afford one, it really isnt at all cheap to own!

Dot forget that if you stick a valver lump in your rt it becomes a 16v to your insurance company - or worse still they will see it as a rt/16v mess and crap themselves - you will pay the same if not more as for a valver.