ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.4 or DCI 65 Clio ?

Clio dci 65 Extreme
Alright there i have a fairly simple question A clio 1.4 or a clio DCI 65 ? which do you people think is best.

IMO the dci.

This topic bound to start moaning

At the end of the day I tried drag racing time after time at an airfield a 1.4 with an exhaust and time after time he got about 2 cars lenght head by about 80 but it wasn't much round town the dci feel quicker realy only when to rev the petrol more it makes it felt.

The 65isn't that slow its 70hp realy. plus feels more with the torque

Plus road fund £35. and you can get 80mpg even when hammerd will do 55 a petrol get about 33 with the same driving.

Clio dci 65 Extreme
yea true mate sorry when i said MkII model i was really refering to the 1.4 just to clear that up and cheers for the posts am fairly new here :) .

Chelsea tractor
Definitely the dci - the benefits of it far outweigh those of a petrol 1.4 (of which there aren't many)

dCi 100
Edde - On mk1 clios you had 1.9D (not turbo) with 65bhp.

On Clios you only have 1.5L dCi's. 65, 80 and 100bhp! Later on the mk3 Clios they all had a 5bhp upgrade, hehe.

There are also 1,9dCi, 2.0dCi, 2.2dCi, 3.0dCi, etc but not on Clios. :D

feel free to visit www.dcioffice.net for more info.

Cheers!

Mk2 Clio dci
id go for the dci mate. I hate my 1.4, not really faster than a dci and it only does 29mpg when driving carefully! If i culd choose again i'd get the dci. I drive a lot, so i spend a lot on fuel.

If I was looking for another clio then it would be a Dci 80, only because the gearboxes on the 100 are meant to be as strong as a chocolate fireguard!

A3 1.8T
1.4's are really not that great on fuel.

If i go for a good drive around the back roads am constantly above 3.5K revs and up. managed to do £10 worth of fuel in what must have been somewhere around 30-40 miles.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
30bhp difference between a 1.4 and a 1.5 dCi....could you live with that? I have the 1.4 8v with 75bhp and tbh its not great, have to rev it hard for just decent acceleration.

id go for the dci mate. I hate my 1.4, not really faster than a dci and it only does 29mpg when driving carefully! If i culd choose again i'd get the dci. I drive a lot, so i spend a lot on fuel.

Mines pretty low too. Average around 30 but I hammer my car around a lot and sitting at 4-5k rpm for 20mins down the motorway most journeys aint a help! But mines 8v so should be better right?

Clio dci 65 Extreme
I've driven the DCI 65 i mean it wasnt bad my dad's got one. Just being curious i was on the K-tec site looking at diesel mod's and i thought would a DCI 65 be worth modding or tuning?? your thoughts please. :)

I've driven the DCI 65 i mean it wasnt bad my dad's got one. Just being curious i was on the K-tec site looking at diesel mod's and i thought would a DCI 65 be worth modding or tuning?? your thoughts please. :)

What do you mean by worthwhile? No tunning good value for money tunning boxes and remap for hp gaisn are cheap for diesel no 1.4 would ever get the same gains as a dci would with a reamp even a 225 v6 would have trouble making the same gains.

Clio dci 65 Extreme
true no doubts about that but if you where me and had the choice would you take a dci 65 or a 1.4? purely on likely over all performance gain forgeting the economy .

true no doubts about that but if you where me and had the choice would you take a dci 65 or a 1.4? purely on likely over all performance gain forgeting the economy .

If performance was all you want I wouldn't get the 1.4.

You have to weight up the advantages and disadvantages I much prefere my dci than 172/182 for the driving I do.

Clio dci 65 Extreme
true i've been browisng the k-tec site and there is quite a few options for tuning the engine , with the tuning power box ,ECU Re-map and the ECU/chip tuning would i be realistic in expecting a dci 65 to push over 100 hp?

true i've been browisng the k-tec site and there is quite a few options for tuning the engine , with the tuning power box ,ECU Re-map and the ECU/chip tuning would i be realistic in expecting a dci 65 to push over 100 hp?

Yes and no

A remap/tunning box do the same thing don't try using both of them you'll have loads of trouble and no gains over just having one as such.

You can get 100hp you need a custom reremap and an intercooler realy for safety . it could be done with serious hard reamp but engine life is difficult to say how long so best use an intercooler from a dci 100 as that the best Clio one.

Meg on pistonheads £6995
having been disappointed with even a 197, I can vouch for the mid-range pull of a tuned dci 80 (110bhp and 180lb/ft from a strong custom re-map and K&N panel filter)

to give you an idea of the potential, I had NO PROBLEM sticking with a Suzuki Swift Sport the other day (rated @ 8.9 to 60 and 126mph)

It wasn't a duff car cos X-Type diesels are EASY and left for dead (9.9 TO 60 AND 120+)

^ ^ there is absolutely NO way a 1.4 would keep up with a Swift Sport 1.6 16V

AND it does 60mpg no worries (53 pre-remap)

Meg on pistonheads £6995
p.s. Ian YES ALL turbo, 68 has no intercooler thou.

80, 100 and 106 are essentially the same altho different gearbox on 2 higher power models

BUT all three higher power models re-map to almost the same, so go for an 80 cos lower emissions (tax £35 p.a.), better economy (67 combined against 64) & lower insurance (3 instead of 5)