ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.4RT vs Clio II 1.2/1.4

Skoda Fabia vRS

im considerin buyin a new car on finance

whats the performance of the new 1.2 an 1.4, and if the free insurance is only on the 1.2, does anyone think i could blag it on a 1.4, im pretty good at negotiatin things

**edit**

right parkers is workin now, id not even consider the general 1.2, the 1.2 16v is a lot better and pretty decent performance for a 1.2, does anyone think the 1.2 16v would react at all to mods ?

id like a 1.4 16v if i could afford it, thats the kind of performance id be happy with to start with

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

I was thinking about getting a new 1.2 16v on finance but then I thought, whats the point? Can you really justify chopping in you current car in p/x for a new one that isnt going to necessarily be a step up in performance. The advantages are obviously your going to get something that is more refined and probably better specd but then your going to be paying it off for the next three years.

I decided in the end that Im going to stick with my RT for at least another 6 months if not a year and then look at the possibility of getting a second hand 1.4 16v.

Just my opinion!

Rick

Skoda Fabia vRS

cheers mate, any other opinions definitely appreciated, im goin to Renault tomorrow to have a look with a mate from work, so if your readin this, reply !

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

if youre gonna be getting a new Clio, Id say go for the 1.4 16V as they are extremely nippy for a 1.4.

Im extremely happy with the car and am currently planning on keeping her for at least 5 years probably longer, unless I move to the UK.

I do have to agree with RT_owner also. If youre happy with your current car and shes reliable, then why fork out on financing a new car. I used to change my car for a new one every year or at most 2 years because of the belief that after a year or 2 you can get back your deposit plus a little extra and the car payments dont shoot up as drastically as they would if you were only buying a new car every 5 years (SA standard car finance period is 5 years)

But if you really want a new one then defo go for the 1.4 16V.

0-100 in 10.5s

top speed of 180kph (111mph)

98bhp power @ tfw / 94lb/ft torque

All in all, a pretty respectable little motor.

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

Brun, Have to agree with Viceroy mate. My wife has just picked up a 2000 model 1.4 16v Megane and it has I think the same engine as the clio and this is nippy which is great as it is physically bigger than the clio.

But why dont you go for the 1.6 as it is only another insurance group higher ?

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

Ehh how does that work. The 1.4 16v Megane is group 6 and the 1.6 16v is group 7/8 ? You would think it would be the same the the clio.

Bloody insurance companies.

Mini Cooper S JCW

my mates got teh 1.2 16v extreme or woteva its called...........its pretty nippy around town, nice car all in all.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

My 1.216v is nippy does about 115mph 0-60 in 11/12 secs

try the 1.4 but its only slightly faster

loadsa tuning parts for the 1.216v coming on the market

dont get an extreme the seat trim is vile

Ps what about a 1.4 DCI (80bhp - Chippable to 110bhp!!)its a stormer

Hey tom I got the extreme and its a matter of taste... I brought the extreme bacause I thought the dynamique was boring! everyone I have shown like the colour

H22A7 Accord Type R

i was after a 1.4 16v Dynam.............but i decided to give the 1.2 16v another test drive...................thennit was a case of here is a great deal sir........free insurance etc.............SOLD! lol.............it goes well enough for a little engine.........and its bloody surprisingly good on the motorway (prob due to its short 5th gear.........but its wicked!) I go to Scotland a lot in mine and i love upsetting ppl in their big family cars! who needs 4th!!!??? All in all, Its a minter! Rob

Skoda Fabia vRS

well we went today an managed to avoid the salesmen, my mate is the one considerin it a lot more than i am, ill have to see what deals they can do him