ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.5 dCi 68 Campus Sport 3dr [A/C])

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Hey doese any one now much about these?? Are they any good, now thinking of getting one of these, what do people think???

i know its a silly question, but doese having a diesle engine stop you from getting a back box or exaust system?? its only important if i want to mod the car later.

I've got the same engine in my CLio good little engine not bad for its HP realy.

Have a dci doesn't stop you can hing back boxes apart from the probelm the whole exhaust is one pieces so you'll need a clamp but thats no huge issue plus diesel don't sounds like petrols.

ok, but you stil get that sporty sound out of the exhaust???
im not fussed as long as its pretty sporty.

Which one would you get 1.2 16V campus Sport or the 1.5 DCI 68 campus sport??
thanks

Hey Sepi i had the same problem as you and yesterday i did a few sums and went for the petrol 16v campus sport. MPG and running costs were big factors and i found that if i did 12k per year on the motorway, mostly, i would spend approx. £850 per year. The diesel was only about £750, BUT the diesel was a grand more expensive and over 3 years the petrol was a better option. Test drove it and, whilst its no trophy, it was 'nippy' and comfortable on the motorway.

My costs:
Car 8595
p/ex 1700
discount 1100
metallic paint 350
chill pack 500
Tank of fuel 40

I got the whole lot for £6500. The diesel variant of this is £1000 more.
Hope this helps.

poru376289 said:
i did a few sums and went for the petrol 16v campus sport. MPG and running costs were big factors and i found that if i did 12k per year on the motorway, mostly, i would spend approx. £850 per year. The diesel was only about £750, BUT the diesel was a grand more expensive and over 3 years the petrol was a better option.

I got the whole lot for £6500. The diesel variant of this is £1000 more.
Hope this helps.
It depends how you drive and what you like but a good assumption is ever 10k you'll save about £600.

I've driven both a lot and a diesel will do about 55mpg being driven hard the petrol 30mpg (or less but I'll give it the benefit)

So 10k in the petrol costs £1409.29 assuming 93p a liter.
So 10k in the diesel costs £810.03 assuming 98p a liter.

If you go easier on the right foot say 38mpg from the petrol and 65 from the diesel the amount drops £470.

The diesel will be worth moe at the end so personally I'd say got for a diesel even if you only recover the money you spent as its easier to sell a diesel.

I don't know how you think a 1.2 can do 12k on £850 that would measn its doing 60mpg try and get an adverage of that out of one you'll find it impossible unless your very slow the diesel assuming the same speed is 50% more economical so would be doing say 87mpg so say £600 in fuel.

poru376289 thnxs alot it really helped. Can i ask were you got you car from for that price??? it sounds like a really good price.

ok but preformance wise which one is better, which one is more nippy??

And if your going to use it alot in the motorway, at lets say about 80MPH on avarge wont it ragg the hell out of a 1.2 engine???? do you know what i mean??? wouldnt a 1.5 engine be better becuase thats on my mined aswell.

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
my 1.4 is very thursty on the motorway could do with another gear at times.
i can only guess the 1.2 is worse.
if it isnt busy and i can do 70 all the way i could do about 38mpg, but if its busy and the traffic is stop start with higher speeds involved id be looking at 32-35mpg.

dont forget diesels need more spending on servicing. in the end it comes down to personal preference, i didnt get a diesel because i dont like the cloud of black smoke they leave or the sound of the engine.

having said that they are easier to tune and have more torque.
side by side a dci 80 and my 98bhp 1.4 had nothing in them maybe mine was a tad faster we had to reach the diesels top speed b4 i started really pulling away.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Hmmm. Interesting, I was having a go with a mates 1.6 16v and he couldn't pull away from my DCI 80 until 95mph, and the speed was at about an average walk. I think the 1.4 compares to the DCI80 more all round, but when mapped it will take the DCI up to 1.6 spec... That's just my presumtions anyway.

As far as economy goes, I was tailgating a bus on the way home from FCS for a while, doing about 65 mph getting a whopping 95mpg :cool: Oh the benefits of slipstreaming lol.

When on the gas, I can get 45mpg at about 3k revs, which is roughly 87mph. More speed and the economy drops accordingly.

thnks guys uve been alot of help, now all i have to is try and fined an 06 1.4 16V campus sport. Any suggestion cos they are not on the renalut website????

hi first post, just read this forum for opinions on the campus sport as i just bought one!

they don't produce a 06 1.4 campus sport, any 06 1.4 clios that may have been seen must be left over dynamiques/extremes or whatever.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
If you're going for used cars I strongly recommend searching for a good DCI 80 or 100. The 100 is very hard to find a good example of though, and remember for £500 you can get 100 beating performance from the 80.

A well built VW
These can be modded very easily On megane sport one of the guys has a megane dci and it does 0-60 in 7.9 secs Not bad for a diesel with limited mods

When the 65hp egine is bedded in (ie hammered for 10k or 20k or normal use) they loosen up a lot best idea is to change the oil ever 6k if you hammer it or 9k if not changig the oil mkaes a huge difference it gives me about 2to 3mph extra speed on the straight at Bedford I can hit 92mph with old oil and 96mph with new oil.

Assuming motorway cruising the diesel is in my view better it doesn't sound as stretched but on idle its much noiser.

Regards fuel economny on the way to Germany at 80mph for a few hour the trip was still going up but said I was doing over 60mpg which isn't bad.

As regards the smoke mine doesn't give any new diesel don't.

Servicing cost and frequency is exactly the same. the disel will in theory cost less and no plugs to be done plus filters last longer but Renault have fixed price none RS servicing anyway.

As for speed well I've racing a 1.4 16V clio which had an exhaust and air filter vs my car stock and I was only about 1 and half car lenghts behind we had tried from different combinations as well with the same result ie droped clutch.

ST
Harry_manback said:
my 1.4 is very thursty on the motorway could do with another gear at times.
i can only guess the 1.2 is worse.
if it isnt busy and i can do 70 all the way i could do about 38mpg, but if its busy and the traffic is stop start with higher speeds involved id be looking at 32-35mpg.

dont forget diesels need more spending on servicing. in the end it comes down to personal preference, i didnt get a diesel because i dont like the cloud of black smoke they leave or the sound of the engine.

having said that they are easier to tune and have more torque.
side by side a dci 80 and my 98bhp 1.4 had nothing in them maybe mine was a tad faster we had to reach the diesels top speed b4 i started really pulling away.

My 1.2 16v was always great on the motorway...

40+ mpg most of the time..around 34/36mpg around town and b road thrashing...

Alan said:
My 1.2 16v was always great on the motorway...

40+ mpg most of the time..around 34/36mpg around town and b road thrashing...
Its all down to the driver I get 30 when I'm reasonably careful and about 25 on back road thrashing in the 1.2's.

ST
My dad had a clio dci 65 and used to get 50+mpg on short runs...now has a megane 130 dci 6 speed and gets around 45mpg due to short runs and the engine being brand new...