ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.5 dci diesel clios

My wife has a DCI 65 and it's quite impressive now its run in. Thinking about getting it chipped (superchips) to take it to 88 BHP (cheaper than buying a DCI 80)

I've gone one use dci owners are quite rare on here.
Mines the 65hp model its not to bad i drive it hard and get 55mph worse on the road 37mpg but that was fast back road drving for a few miles. Worse ever is 29.9mpg on the track. I've seen over 80mpg if your going carefully. In 5th at slow speeds it will go well over 100mpg (clock stops at 99.9mpg).
I prefere it to the petrol 1.2 its got a load more bottom end pull so no need to keep throwing it round the box as much and since the gearbox on Clios arn't wonderful the less shifts the better. Also you don't need to rev it to get all the power its 75% present at 2k or so.
Makes a huge difference changing the oil ever 9k instead of the 18k they recomend.
£85 road fund for 12 month servicing is the same as the petrol's.
Mines not that quick but its ok will do 115indicated if you keep your foot downa and 120 down an incline (trested in Germany). Brakes are great there well oversized even cheap Halfords pads never induce fade.
Milage made a big difference compaired with new even 80hp dcis its much more free reving.
Mine suffers from heat so if you boot it from 5mph to say 70mph the engine reduces power slightly.
Its been very reliable for me though. I'd definatly recomend the extended warently as when they do break it can be expensive injectors are £200 plus £50 or so for Renault to program each.
Quite quiet on the motorway even at highish speeds.
Againt the 1.2 it has less roll IMO the ARB's are thicker and I think springs rates and damper rates are higher so its more of a sporty drive (still aftermarket stuff is better for petrol or diesel).
Cambelts not cheap but the petrols are the same sort of price (£250 or so)

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
my gf's got one and we use it as our work horse, my 172 sits tucked away in the garage 95% of the time. Its a nice little car, quite quick when pushed from the start, obviously not lightning but it does well, I find it usually returns on average 50mpg, (1.5 65bhp).

Ad

MK2 FRS
I am currently driving my mates DCi100.

Is nice and punchy, has a poor gearbox though and I feel like I am always changing gear. It is comfortable on the motorway though. It returen 50mpg with easy.

The only issue I have with it is the spec. considering the cost it has nothing (excepet rear discs) over a 1.2!!! As a second hand buy these are resonable though.

adtmits said:
I am currently driving my mates DCi100.

Is nice and punchy, has a poor gearbox though and I feel like I am always changing gear. It is comfortable on the motorway though. It returen 50mpg with easy.

The only issue I have with it is the spec. considering the cost it has nothing (excepet rear discs) over a 1.2!!! As a second hand buy these are resonable though.
The 100dci was overpriced IMOo vs a 172/182.
Thats why they loose a load of value from new.
The Fabia VRS or ibiva TDi with a 6 speed better spec and 30hp more was about the same price plus they have a more sporty spec list.

Hey!

I got a 65bhp clio too! One of the few in here!
I agree with everything you said above.
Ive done some mods to mine. A K&N filter induction box, clio 2.0 182 alloys (BIG DIFFERENCE) and sprayed some panels. Im now looking into fitting a tuning box to put it up to 80bhp, lot of torque!

100_0095.jpg

Cant wait to buy the 2.0 in 2 years time! Possibly the new clio!

BROCK

Ad

MK2 FRS
edde said:
The 100dci was overpriced IMOo vs a 172/182.
Thats why they loose a load of value from new.
The Fabia VRS or ibiva TDi with a 6 speed better spec and 30hp more was about the same price plus they have a more sporty spec list.

Aye, he paid 8k for his 10months old. 100 miles on the clock, but list was summit like 12k. I really wound have expected elec. sunroof and AC as minium for that kind of price.

adtmits said:
Aye, he paid 8k for his 10months old. 100 miles on the clock, but list was summit like 12k. I really wound have expected elec. sunroof and AC as minium for that kind of price.
That was a little bit extra when new.
Thats a good saving though.

Seat Altea XL
Brock said:
Hey!

I got a 65bhp clio too! One of the few in here!
I agree with everything you said above.
Ive done some mods to mine. A K&N filter induction box, clio 2.0 182 alloys (BIG DIFFERENCE) and sprayed some panels. Im now looking into fitting a tuning box to put it up to 80bhp, lot of torque!

BROCK

Dito, 65bhp, I would ave loved the dci 100, but cant afford it as i'm a student!
At the min i've no mods, engine or external, however getting a few things done to outside, 172 bumper, side skirts, spoiler, front grille, and contemplating the 182 alloys.
Thought bout getting it remapped too in the spring time, get it to over 80 bhp mayb!
As for mpg... its brilliant. I reset the computer when i fill the tank and at the min i'm sitting on 66 mpg with over 300 miles done. altho some of that is motorway!

"Navy" N17 TWO
2 years ago I was in my local reno signing up for my finance on the car - lol on my 21st birthday :star:

Traded in my 1997 1.4RT - not a bad motor in the short time I had it, but the dci is my best yet and intend to keep it for quite some time

I went for the 80 as the 100 model was a bit over-budget for me, and the 80 has best economy figures.
I judged it very close - get anything from 49 to 97 mpg for average traveling. So many variables affect the mpg

I'd agree with people these days saying the dci100 is over-priced for its spec and it does drink a bit more than the other 2 models.

I have just fitted a Dragon T-box to mine and it feels smoother and more responsive :)
I havn't tried it out properly yet but I can say it has made my dci almost stealth - no more tractor noise - just the revs which I like :approve:

Overall I love mine and reccomend it for a fun economical car - no major probs with it and 1 year left to pay it off :star:

Dscf1834.jpg

Dscf1836.jpg

Dscf1829.jpg

Dsc00085rz.jpg

Trev

williams and trophy
mrs has just got one......not a bad little motor tbh... feels like im tryin to punch a hole in the dash changin to 1st 3rd 5th n reverse tho. and feels sooo lethargic its unreal, even the works van feels loads quicker

seats are pretty comfy, best bit tho...the rears are better suited for the kiddy seats than the williams hehe

williams and trophy
maybe its cos im used to the williams....and the b&m but evry time i go for one of those gears.i bang me knuckles on the dash lol

Ad

MK2 FRS
I'd agree the box on the DCi 100 is dreadful. Winds me up. Give it back tomorrow. Good car though, just not something id want to live with.

The gearbox isn't that bad on mine. I prefere it to the Williams knowing that the quickshift isn't exactly useful as its only showing the junk box to chnage gear faster than it wants to.
I know what you mean though its a long way forward fit the quickshift to the dci and you'll have the same thing.
Its a bit show but only 65hp what can you expect And at 55mpg cheap road fund and servicing you cannot complain to much.
What van do you have at work though 2 live?
Change the oil though makes a huge difference to mine doing it ever 9k.

williams and trophy
i have a combi dci mate.

gears are horrible on the mrs' i must admit. im glad i dont drive it evry day anyway lol.....knuckles wud be bruised to fuk.

tbh mate.......all cars are cheap on servicing lol....and as for fuel..well....thats not my prob... wots the lowest reading anyones had on the mpg thing anyway....gimme summat to aim for with it at least lol

2 live said:
i have a combi dci mate.

tbh mate.......all cars are cheap on servicing lol....and as for fuel..well....thats not my prob... wots the lowest reading anyones had on the mpg thing anyway....gimme summat to aim for with it at least lol
Milage does help them get better.

As for servicing compared with the Williams its cheaper only 1 service ever 18k vs 3 for the Williams. Then again there not that much to do.
37. something on the road. On track I got 29. somehting its a bit difficult driving along and looking at the gauge. (I had done a few miles it wasn't just sitting still cheating).