ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.5 Dci - MK2 PH2 - 2002 - 65BHP - A lot of smoke - Oil being used fast!

Honda. Tesla Someday
Hello All,

My diesel Clio is smoking a lot from the exhaust :)dapprove:). The smoke is black / sometimes/rarely slightly blue.

About 3 weeks ago, my service light came on. I turned off the engine and turned on the ignition. It was flashing "Oil". I checked the dipstick and it was very very low! (odd seeing as it will fine about a month previously).

Anyways, I topped it up to about maximum and thought nothing more of it. Its still smoking away etc though...

Last night, the same thing happened Again!! Oil got very low/service light on - and had to be topped up again! Its only been 3 weeks since the last top up.

Any ideas? :dapprove:

Honda. Tesla Someday
Nope, a standard diesel.

edit: don't the 65bhp versions have a small turbo??

I dont know. Might have a small turbo lol!!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
what sort of millage on it, sounds like the turbo oil seals have gone.

pop the EGR valve off it and that should give you a good indication if they have or not as it will be covered in oil, another check is also to pop a boost pipe off, they should have some oil in it, just a light light coating but anything excessive isnt right, it shouldnt be dripping out.

best bet is get a reconditioned turbo for it.

"Navy" N17 TWO
New Years Eve, same car (Dads) by year and spec - turbo went on his way home from work :dead: our mechanic diagnosed it as f**ked! lol

Apparently a wild sucking noise when it went and was blowing out black smoke. Wouldn't do much more than 30-35 MPH

He got a 2007 Megane dci106 Dynamique - awesome car! :cool:

Honda. Tesla Someday
New Years Eve, same car (Dads) by year and spec - turbo went on his way home from work :dead: our mechanic diagnosed it as f**ked! lol

Apparently a wild sucking noise when it went and was blowing out black smoke. Wouldn't do much more than 30-35 MPH

He got a 2007 Megane dci106 Dynamique - awesome car! :cool:

Its recently been making a sucking noise! More of a whining sound when accelerating!

F*CK!!!

Sounds like it may be the turbo.

Take the EGR valve off?? How on earth? - sorry, I'm not the best when it comes to engines.

I am however covered with the AA. I have that Repair cover where they pay for parts and labor on breakdowns. I'm hoping that a turbo failure would be included.

I may call the AA out and explain whats happening, if they diagnose it as the turbo then it will be repaired.

How much would a turbo fix/repair/part/labour/reconditioned/new whatever etc etc cost???

THANK YOU ALL!

edit: mileage = about 93,000