ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.6 16V K4M lumpy idle fix

Audi (R)S2, 1.6 16v
Been chasing a lumpy idle for a while and was thinking coils or plugs but the car ran fine otherwise, so I did some more research and take it to bits. Turns out that all the rubber seals on the inlet manifold had gone quite brittle and the throttle body O ring was fairly loose in the inlet manifold.Air leak o'clock.

£25 later (cheaper than eBay ;)) at Renault and some instant gasket on the temp and MAP sensors and it idles pretty well for a 100k car. I'm going to measure the O rings on the sensors and find some non brittle replacements to finish the job off at some point. Although there's no rubber seals in the sport inlet manifold join , I'll be checking a few areas on the 172 to see if its a similar story, as it's not too bad for s sport but may be room for some OCD.