ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.6 16V Project!

1.6 16v
Well done a few major things over the past week,

Taken all of the stickers off the 1.2

000060.jpg

000059.jpg

The Rear:
000046.jpg

000061.jpg

Taken the exhaust off and put the standard one back on, No photos sorry. :(

Swopped the colour coding on the front bumpers, heres the 1.2 with the bumper off:

000058.jpg

Now the 1.6 with the bumper off:

000056.jpg

Now back together again:

000053.jpg

and the D15 SCG plate covered up lol (untill i get the paperwork through)

000055.jpg

The two bumpers together!!

000057.jpg

Cheers Steve

1.6 16v
Sprayed the 1.6 16v Side Bullets white with black lettering:

000054.jpg

000052.jpg

And on sunday we lowered the 1.6 :) :)

I think it looks so much better and handles well too.

000051.jpg

000050.jpg

000049.jpg

Steve

1.6 16v
Still got the 15's on at the moment untill i get chance to put the 16's back on. :)

Comments Welcome!

Steve

1.6 16v
The 172? Not bad, not done much lately but got braided lines, itg panel and k-tec so Im happy atm!

Yeah the 172, Sounds good, What happened to the meggy coupe?

Steve

Quality! Looking good. How'd you rejoin the 1.2 exhaust? Putting the magnex on the 1.6?

I cheated tbh pal, went to ETS and got them to refit it for me. Only £25 which i didnt think was bad, They put a sleave on joining the two pipes back together, So back as new.

Yeah i thought about doing that, even tho i dont really like it any more. Its not broken and i have spent quite a bit of money already so dont see the point of changing it.

Just need to make sure the Megnex will fit first. Not sure how i am going to do that thought, because people on here say the cats are different, the bores the same tho.

Its all slowly coming together :)

Cheers Steve

BMW M135i
Cats are the same dimension wise anyway, bores change. I'd have thought it'd be fine as it'll be a bigger bore anyway surely? 2.5" or something similar?

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Coupe is down in essex now, still looks the same I believe.

Easier to cut the zorst bud, but if you must get it out in 1 you have to drop the axle down iirc

1.6 16v
Coupe is down in essex now, still looks the same I believe.

Easier to cut the zorst bud, but if you must get it out in 1 you have to drop the axle down iirc

So you have got rid then matey?

Only problem is if the magnex dont fit iam screwed! lol if i cut it off because its not 100% it will, I believe it will and so does bmh 01 but other people say it wont!

Steve

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
mmmm magnex dont say that they make a zorst for the 1.4 or 1.6 cant imagine it being loads different but at the cat is possibly slightly different

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Looks really good that, Along the Lines of my plans for the GF's 1.2 Dynamique :D

Mercedes C Class Sport
A standard or 3/4 plate instead of the one with a renault badge will finish it off perfectly

1.6 16v
Well been doing more PCing over the last few weeks,

The boot lid was done and most of the swirls came out, Then went onto the bonnet.

This was a bad patch on the bonnet:
000070.jpg

After the left side had been done, was impressed with how it came up:
000069.jpg

Few photos of when the bonnet had been completed:
000068.jpg

000067.jpg

000066.jpg

and then the british weather did this lol
000071.jpg

Cheers for reading!

Steve

1.6 16v
A few photos after a clean today:

000065.jpg

000064.jpg

Things that are still on the list to do are:
- Finish PCing the car (been doing it panel by panel)
- Clean all archs fully
- Paint calipers
- Do sumthing with the exhaust
- Upgrade audio
- Properly clean and protect wheels

Cant think of anything else at the moment.

Steve

1.6 16v
Well thought i had better update the thead because not done so for a while,

The 1.2 16v has been sold! These are photos of its last day:

P5310107.jpg

P5310102.jpg

P5310103.jpg

P5310093.jpg

Cheers Steve

1.6 16v
The 1.6 16v is going well, me and the gf took it to the lakes for 5 days which was wicked. Drove 861miles and loved the roads!!

Here are a few photos of how it looks now:

P5290059.jpg

P5290095.jpg

P5260129.jpg

P5280008.jpg

P5290032.jpg

Since i have been back i have given it 3 coats of wax and i can tell the difference! Pic's to come sorry.

Thanks for looking.

Steve

Ian

Focus TDCi
Excellent work Steve and to have to do it twice as well lol. You've gone for almost exactly the same spec as I would like, subtle ftw. Awesome pics from the Lakes too. What happened with the exhaust in the end?

1.6 16v
Excellent work Steve and to have to do it twice as well lol. You've gone for almost exactly the same spec as I would like, subtle ftw. Awesome pics from the Lakes too. What happened with the exhaust in the end?

Its sitting in my garage lol, dont want to cut my 1.6 standard exhaust off so need to drop the suspension beam to get it over! Just time tbh, the cats mite be different too :)

Dont really like it anymore, it i want a bit of noise so mite put it back on.

Cheers all for the gd comments

Steve

1.6 16v
Done some cleaning ready for FCS at the weekend:

P6160001.jpg

P6160010.jpg

P6160011.jpg

P6160014.jpg

Excuse the rusty shocks :(

P6160013.jpg

P6160008.jpg

P6160007.jpg

The wheels are the cleanest they will go, the crap has eaten though the paint in places inside the wheel.

More photos as the week goes by, Lots to do before the show

Thanks for reading, Steve

BMW M135i
Looking nice and clean, ahh the old apex kit. Still got the mental scars lol, they've rusted up pretty much as per.

1.6 16v
Looking nice and clean, ahh the old apex kit. Still got the mental scars lol, they've rusted up pretty much as per.

Yeah Apex lol, it didnt take them long to go like that! :(

I take it you have been there done that,

The meggy looks lovely btw fella.

Steve