ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.6 16v SI

just wandering if you got such a model. i seen on one of the other posts there was a 1.6 SI with 8 valves, anyone know of if there was a 16 valve version aswell????. i have a brochure for the 98 - 01 model clios, later ones though, with the names as alize, liberte, etc, not rt, etc. if anyone can help me out, that would be grand, cheers!!!!

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

I think for the 98-01 models, the SI was 8v, but the RSi was 16v. Both 1.6, but the 16v has better performance.

The Mk2 Ph1 Clio was available with a 90bhp 1.6 8v unit from the "Energy" series. This was available in "Si" trim, as well as the luxury and more average non-sporting trim packages.

The 1.6 16v was first called the "16V" (not quite living up to the legend of the Mk1 16V), then the RSi. It was later available in most trim levels with the arrival of the Ph2 in 2001.

Ang

Pink/Blue 182

Quote: Originally posted by Rick on 01 April 2004

I think for the 98-01 models, the SI was 8v, but the RSi was 16v. Both 1.6, but the 16v has better performance.
the 2000 Si is a 16v....and 1.4.....

i got an rsi 2000! correct they are 1.6 16v 110bhp standard! fast little clio!

shame about the rear drums tho! disc conversion in pipe line :D lol

(group 10 insurance! :( ) might aswell have a 1.6 dynamic for group 8 insurance basicly same performance! (not the dynamic + that is group 10 again)

I have a 99 1.6. It is the one before the rsi, its called just 16v. has the same interior as the 172 only with cloth for the seats, and a leather wheel instead of alcantara