ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.6 16v

FOR SALE!!!
hi i have made a lot of posts about engines lol as im new but think iv finaly decide on a 1.6 16v i no a lot of you will say go for the 2.0 but really could not afford insurance as im 18 and my m8 has a 106 gti and that is very quick for a 1.6 so what kind of power do u think i would be running with

1.6 16v engine
remapped (chipped)
4-2-1 manifold
new cams
de-cat
and running nos

what kind of bhp would i be looking at with this set up also what is the standerd bhp of 1.6 16v clio thank you guys

BMW M4; S1000 RR
If you declare it then insurance will be more than a 182 anyway by the looks of things.

And sure, with all of that it'll be quick, but can you afford it at 18??

What amount of NOS? that will make the big difference.

130hp maybe depends what type of work you have done proper cams custom ground with stand alone ECU is better buy a long way than regrings with a off the shelf remap by miles but more pricy a proper 4-2-1 manifold is expensive as it needs building to what you need.

Tweaked Leon Cupra R
spend 1500+vat getting a 172/182 block from matt_black and tell your insurane at your own discretion.!

FOR SALE!!!
what would i need to push bout 150 bhp obv i no it will cost a fair bit but will be doing the mods over a while reson i want the 1.6 as my 1.2 8v engine is on its last legs any way as u have trash it really get it go any were so as i need new cams etc in that any way mite as well upgraded engine to sumthink which will take the abuse a bit more so any ideas any 1 thanks

what would i need to push bout 150 bhp obv i no it will cost a fair bit but will be doing the mods over a while reson i want the 1.6 as my 1.2 8v engine is on its last legs any way as u have trash it really get it go any were so as i need new cams etc in that any way mite as well upgraded engine to sumthink which will take the abuse a bit more so any ideas any 1 thanks

Cams on a 1.6 plur remap not including labour plus 4-2-1 manifold plus decat plus NOS in marts alone is more expensive than a 172 engine running gear brakes gearbox etc and more relaibel and more powerful (assuming you don't go mad with the NOS). Plus the 172 can make more power wheras the 1.6 will start getting expensive to go over say 200hp wheras a 172 won't be anywhere near the same level of cost.