ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.6 16v's, they any good?

Suzuki Ignis Sport
I had an epic spec one with cruise control, ESP, Climate control, cabasse, 6 disc changer and leccy roof and it was awesome, wasn't the best on fuel, but it went really well until the timing belt was changed and it lost its edge, I didn't realise they needed special tools too just like the 172 so just got my local garage to change it as it was just for my bird. so make sure that's done properly!

I always mind sticking to an ST170 focus in it one day until about 125mph! was good fun.

however at the same time she had that I had a dci 100 and it was defnately the much better car considering they were identical other wise!

What reg (year) was that mate? Didnt know they did that good of a spec, I know they did CC and electric sunroof!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
don't know what your budget is but personally id have a dci100 over one any day of the week, probably a dci80 too, and id have a Twingo TCE over any of them but obviously your gonna need £4.5k for one of them!
imo having owned them all of course!

Suzuki Ignis Sport
don't know what your budget is but personally id have a dci100 over one any day of the week, probably a dci80 too, and id have a Twingo TCE over any of them but obviously your gonna need £4.5k for one of them!
imo having owned them all of course!

Any reason why a dci 80 or 100 over a 1.6 petrol? Just want something a bit quicker than a 1.2. Cant find many dci 100s either tbh!

Edition 30
Just go for the 1.6 if you like it mate.

Yeah it's not designed to be a sporty kind of car but it's got 110 bhp and like I said the insurance is cheap.

You can get a decent one for £1500, that's not a lot of money really and it's not going to de-value much more!

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Just go for the 1.6 if you like it mate.

Yeah it's not designed to be a sporty kind of car but it's got 110 bhp and like I said the insurance is cheap.

You can get a decent one for £1500, that's not a lot of money really and it's not going to de-value much more!

Might do. I do like the Pandas, but most within 40 miles are all low milers and holding their value really well. Ive found some mint 1.6s with full history for 1.4k. Just wondering why a dci 80 is any better than the 1.6 petrols :p

E46 M3, Clio 182
I have never experienced a 1.6 Clio, but i have owned a MK5 Zetec s, I would defiantly recommend a Zetec s if you can get your hands on one without rust. Mine had full leather interior.. But either way you will notice a step up from a 1.2 to a 1.6!

Good luck in your search, here is a quick pic of my Zetec s:
Under Tree.jpg

PH1 Clio 172
I had one of these for three years and loved it, may be above budget though.
41mpg not silly quick but warmish, not a patch on a 172 though
P6083785.jpg

Suzuki Ignis Sport
I had one of these for three years and loved it, may be above budget though.
41mpg not silly quick but warmish, not a patch on a 172 though
P6083785.jpg

What was the first year they did that shape? Prefer that to the older shape tbh, nice looking cars :)

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Ah right, the 1.6s are more efficient than the 1.2's. dci 100s would be slower than the 1.6 petrols? :eek:
dci100 is neck and neck with a 1.6 16v from 60-110mph, 1.6 16v has a small edge 0-60, once mapped the 100 eats it alive!

1.6 16v will realistically do high 30's mpg around town where dci100 will do high 50's

Clio 172 Cup Mondial
the 1.6's are good they dont weigh much with a simple exhuast system (save even more weight )and panel filter you could settle with 115hp and a kerb weight of 950kg.

PH1 Clio 172
Mine was the Ph1 so to speak with the flat headlights and not the bubbly ones. The ZS came out in 2005