ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.6 rsi qustion help

Toyota Mr2 Turbo
just went to see the car. all seems straight apart from it felt very sluggish but it felt like when ihad moisture in my dizzy cap. i was told the engine had been cleaned so could explain it. are these engines solid? and what sort of milage do head gaskets go on these? car is on 82k priced at 1900 on a 00 plate.

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
mmmm i bet the coils one for each cylinder are full up with water. If looked after the engines are fairly good. Has the cam belt been done? Resonable money for that car.

Toyota Mr2 Turbo
cambelt not sure yet loads of service stamps but nothing saying it has.if not ill get it done.are the clutch biting points always so high and light on the clios

Tweaked Leon Cupra R
the auto tensioner does that.. dont worry about it, even with a brand new clutch and cable it'll still be like that!

visualize whirled pe
If you are looking for a good, standard RSi, you can buy mine if you like..
fin.gif

RSi3.gif

Engines are very solid if well maintained. Can get in excess of 200bhp if you have enough money to throw at it

Toyota Mr2 Turbo
Im not after power, its for gf, just scared of buying her a lemon and causing arguments lol. Seems good just having new brake pads fitted.

Toyota Mr2 Turbo
wicked :) well you made me feel better, I just hear bad stories of french cars, coming from german and jap car background.

French cars dont have the same build quality as Jap or German cars so you'll get more rattles etc, but just like any other car, you get your good and your bad ones

Toyota Mr2 Turbo
deffo the 16v 1.6 I drove compared to the 1.2's i drove is such a difference. I was actually really impressed by it now the water had been cleaned out engine. Very responsive. Might have to use the gf's car more often lol.

Tweaked Leon Cupra R
wife was preggers wi twins... got myself a leon cos it's a 5door. :)

I've got the bug on it already though, in the last few months i've got grooved discs, ds2500's, powerflex dogbone mount, forge 007p recirc valve and some new sensors as it's ecu thought it was ill. it's been mapped, RR'd @ 257bhp/260lbft!

wishlist is endless!

Now thats a baby bus! :D

Last edited: