ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.8 16v clio, noisy power steering

ive got a 1995 "valver" and it has only as i can describe as a liquid swirling sound coming from the steering wheel when i corner ....i have seen this in other 1.8 clios, how do i cure it ??
cheers Dom

172 Cup, Freelander
I've had two valvers and they both had extremely noise PS pumps, think its just how they are.

Mine was the same, cured it by using slick 50 fluid and bleeding the system.

Start the engine, take the cap off the resivour and full lock each way a few times.

righty ok ive seen slick 50 in halfords but its only a 500ml bottle, do i just dain out and mix it in with the current fluid ?

53 Clio's & counting
Forte power steering treatment, you can get it off ebay, iv used it in all 3 of my previous MK1's and although never completely cures it, has made all 3 99% better

53 Clio's & counting
literally pour it in and give it about 30 miles or so and you should feel a difference, it lubes and expands seals mainly