ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1 Pic of Jon1978’s ICE

oh and jon

remove the luggage rail at the back there, will save you a little weight, doesnt serve any significant purpose

E36 323i coupe

The amp is on the left handside... hence the 12V fan to keep it cool. But all the wiring is hidden under the floor and in the casing. The sprayshop had a nightmare getting hold of Mondial Blue paint for the casing, mind. That ended up being the most expensive bit.

But as you say - uncluttered - I went for minimum weight.

Deeply chuffed.

how do you remove the luggage rail?

does it effect anything if you do? apart from letting your box sit right up against the seat backs - which is good!

also, i use the bolt on it as my earth for my amp

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Hmmm... buy lightweight performance car, then fill with heavy ICE gear...

You weighed all that lot?!

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Probably even more than that?!

Theres a sub, a box, an amp, the neon, cabling, etc...

there are two bolts holding in the luggage rail

remove them, and lift rail out

its that hard, its not there for structural purposes are anything of the like

If you like it then fair play..but a big box in the middle of the boot looks a bit unfinished to me. Nice colour match though!

-Rob

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by jon_r on 04 November 2003

Looks good, though im with them^^
Weight is my enemy...

(as in heavyness, not the forum user!)

E36 323i coupe

Yes I have weighed it:

Actually it weighs 12kg. The rail is staying put because the box is in a hole cut in the floor. The jack etc weighs 5kg and that has been removed making total weight gain just 7kg.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member

Looks just like an all in one sub/amp box. More imagination required please!

E36 323i coupe

Thats all right. Im sorry for being rather sarcy!

It is simple, but I wanted light and inexpensive. Already had the sub box... so wanted it fitting neatly and respraying the colour of the car.

Cost very little all things considered. Most expensive thing is paint!

I think is looks really good, nice and tidy looking! Looks really good with the colour coding aswell! Im thinking of having something similar in my 172.

Nice work matey :D

E36 323i coupe

No... no more weight or expense from ICE. Its good, and its enough.

Next thing I am going to save up for is one of these Police detectors that operates from GPS, and that you can plug into the PC and download Gatso sites etc. £500 - quite cheap if it protects my licence.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Jon1978 on 04 November 2003

Actually it weighs 12kg. The rail is staying put because the box is in a hole cut in the floor. The jack etc weighs 5kg and that has been removed making total weight gain just 7kg.
Thats pretty light then...

Wont affect performance with so little extra weight, so good effort.

Quote: Originally posted by bambam on 04 November 2003

oh and jon

remove the luggage rail at the back there, will save you a little weight, doesnt serve any significant purpose
i managed to use it to bolt down part of my install!!! thought i would try and find a use for it, and did! works quite well, especially as i didnt want to have to do any bolting/gluing to body work

2015 Audi S3 Stage 3

will have to get a few pics up of mine wen its all finished! loud as F**k at the min but new amps on the way!! cant wait!

E36 323i coupe

Quote: Originally posted by BiClio on 09 November 2003
Just got a new pic of jon1978s ICE, looks even tidier and saves more precious weight. Not sure on the sound thou!!! lol.

Biclio huh? Is that Bisexual or just cos theres two of you, Andy and Sarah? You were right it was VERY easy to guess your username!