ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1 side of car lower and camber on 1

ive had my cars tracking done,however since putting my standard wheels back on the wheel pulls to the left,the tracking is correct but the left wheel is pointing so the top points in towards the engine bay and also one side of the car is lower than the other.

i assume that one side being lower than the other is due to a shock on the way out but why would i have 1 wheel at more than an angle than the other.

BMW M135i
Thats the side you knocked wasn't it? Though could never see anything wrong really, unless a balljoint is shagged now or something.

My old 1.6 used to sit lower on the drivers side than the passenger side (slightly), theres more weight on the drivers side (ish) so put it down to that.

BMW M135i
Shouldn't do unless somethings wrong. Otherwise everytime you took the wheels off you'd need it aligning, which would be quite a lot with me!

the side i knocked has the wheel so the top is pointing inward,surely if that was the knock from that it would be poiting outward.

you say the driver side should be lower ben but are we talking enough to get only 1 finger in 1 side and 2 the other?under the arch and between the wheel that is

BMW M135i
Yeh mine was the same, it was wierd and I wasn't 100% happy with it buts theres nothing you can do really. The 172 doesn't do it afaik, although I haven't really looked tbh.

Very true on the knocking point, is the shock angled where it comes through the the turret in the bay? More than the other side?

i shall have a look at that tomorrow but if its straight what would it be,just the camber need sorting and thats it?it was fine with my bk wheels on :S

will do,have looked at the strut top mounts and the passenger 1 is angled ever so slightly more in than the driver one.will take the wheel off monday to look at the spring as thatll be the next opportunity i will get.it never did this before i had the problem,its only done it since.tracking sorted it initially,but since changing to the clio wheels its got camber and pulling