ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

100,000 mile clio sport? Problems?

C

clvs2222

high guys, interested in a sport which is touching 100k.

It has been serviced regulary aparently. so what kind of problems are going to arise, that people know of?

VW Golf TDI
I bet my 1st one is it was on 35k when warren sold it to me, i sold it with nearly 70k on 2 years ago !

corsa ecoflex
my x reg 172 is now on 102500 miles and doesnt miss a beat...i have not long had to replace the rad but thats it....as long as the service history is up to date ther shouldnt be a problem

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Mine's been serviced religiously every 6k from new, and regularly abused on track.

Most of the regular Renault problems are sorted early on in their lives...I had 3 wiring looms within the first 36k, and it's been fine since all the way to 103k so far.

I think there's quite a few at 100+ now, and not heard of any problems. If they're looked after well, they last well.

clio 172 cup
Mine's been serviced religiously every 6k from new, and regularly abused on track.

Most of the regular Renault problems are sorted early on in their lives...I had 3 wiring looms within the first 36k, and it's been fine since all the way to 103k so far.

I think there's quite a few at 100+ now, and not heard of any problems. If they're looked after well, they last well.

to true but whats the chances the previous owner has looked after the car like u

What everyone else said, basically. Most of the faults on them were as a result of being new. If the car's been properly maintained, then all the bits that Renault didn't (and still don't) give a s**t about, will already have been fixed.

I'd definitely want to be very very confident about the cars history :) If you are, then the milegae shouldn't be reason to worry you :)

www.renparts.co.uk
if the cars cheap enough and your happy with the condition/way it runs i would be confident. you can buy a complete engine for sub 500 pounds now so thats your worst case scenario really.

Octavia vRS tfsi
My phase 1 is currently on 91000k miles and is still in perfect working order! Just have an engine mount that I need to get done, nothing else bar that.

BLACK GOLD 182
i would look at cam belt, aux belt, filters - oil ..etc maybe get fuel oil chnage and new filter and i would look also to check tires and your springs but if they okay you'll be fine to make sure you get oil chnaged and belts looked ta the most

172, Tiguan
I know of a couple on 100k plus and provided they've been serviced as they should've been there are no problems. 100k isn't a big deal for modern cars and engines these days like it was in the past.

172 Race Car
wear and tear items such as wheel bearings, shocks might need soing but no big deal. As said cambelt and aux belt isthe biggest concern (make sure they have been done) regualr oil changes (doesnt have to be done at Renault)

My phase1 is on 105k and has had several owners.

BLACK GOLD 182
wear and tear items such as wheel bearings, shocks might need soing but no big deal. As said cambelt and aux belt isthe biggest concern (make sure they have been done) regualr oil changes (doesnt have to be done at Renault)

My phase1 is on 105k and has had several owners.

least some people give advice alot of times on forums people ridicule for their lack of knowledge