ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1000 mile service

Hi guys,

I got my squew steering wheel fixed today. The tracking was out. Happy now that its fixed but a little bit peeved it was allowed to leave the dealers brand new with squew tracking/wheel alignment. It has not only sorted the steering wheel being squint but has also rather dramatically omproved the handling in the wet. The wheels used to fight a lot to go in different directions.

The milage is at 900 and I read somewhere on here before about oil change at 1000 miles. I asked the dealer today while it was getting fixed and they said it was not necesary to change the oil at 1000 miles. Is this true or would you recommend I did it anyway. If I should do it can anyone tell me the best oil to replace it with. ALso, should I do an oil flush or just drain/fil with new oil?

Wullie

There no need to change the oil and filter early.

If I were buying a 182 with the intention of keeping it for 10yrs or so then Id change the oil after 100 miles if at all.