ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

**100ml of Hydro2 Group Buy £10 Delivered!**

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Lols! JD personally the only other thing is it wasn't rinsed properly.

Lols! JD personally the only other thing is it wasn't rinsed properly.

Mate. Not to be a dick. But come on. I've been detailing for over ten years. This is the first "user error" in that time. I'm not saying it couldn't happen, but talk of not rinsing properly is pretty below me.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I did Ant, seems to be longer lasting than the nanolex washcoat, albeit after today's troubles a little less specific with application

Twingo Dynamique
JD, if it makes you feel any better I have a couple of areas that are the same. Although some areas look fine. I know I did it wrong though, used too much stuff so got dilution wrong, didn't realise you had to open hose rinse after pressure wash.

I'm not a detailed though so... Yeah I don't know :L

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Mate. Not to be a dick. But come on. I've been detailing for over ten years. This is the first "user error" in that time. I'm not saying it couldn't happen, but talk of not rinsing properly is pretty below me.

Hopefully Craig comes back with an answer but that's all could suggest dude.

Hopefully Craig comes back with an answer but that's all could suggest dude.

Yeah sorry gally had a few beers and was still livid when I walked passed the car on the way home!

I'll just try IPA, WWHW etc. still fucked off. Gorgeous day. Should be driving to Brighton. Car is unusable.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I'm lol'ing at unusable. My car is dusty atm and the painters still haven't taken it I'm more than annoyed lol

f**k me JD if the cars unusable my work car must only be fit for the scrap yard lol

I'm lol'ing at unusable. My car is dusty atm and the painters still haven't taken it I'm more than annoyed lol

Guys, I can't see out of the screen. Or any of the windows. I know because I drove it slowly to a local jet wash to see if higher pressure would shift it.

Think of looking through major overspray.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Lol @ JD.

This is my van, I must be a proper tramp to drive something so dirty.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1394967925736.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1394967925736.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 51
  • uploadfromtaptalk1394967982707.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1394967982707.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 48
  Range Rover Sport
I had to use AG tar remover to remove it off the rear window this morning.

Going to watch the match then try cleaning the paintwork...

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Guys, I can't see out of the screen. Or any of the windows. I know because I drove it slowly to a local jet wash to see if higher pressure would shift it.

Think of looking through major overspray.

Ah fair enough, really odd... You must have a dodgy bottle or something :(

Range Rover Sport
Tried a quick clean however it was still there. Like JD I started to get a little angry.

Poorboys polish started to get it off, so looks like in re polishing the entire car again.

Will NOT be buying or recommending this product again.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
JD came to the unit yesterday to have his Brembos fitted and as it was a nice day we thought we would address this hydro issue. We tried IPA, eraser, clay and even tripple by machine. This stuff has such a good physical bond with the paint it wouldn't shift at all. We had to break out the rotary, hex pads and Menz 2500, JD was also doing the same with the DA.

We got the hydro off and the car looked bloody awesome in the short space of time we had. A quick 50/50...

D57BF68A-2D19-42D3-A8F5-FF89FC46F60D_zps6hwtktgy.jpg

JD has more pictures of reflective goodness.

We still don't know what causes it in the first place but best guess is reacting with c2v3. It won't put me using it again as I still bloody love the product.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
So pleased that JD's was back to its old gleaming self by the close of play yesterday. And the sort in the pub seemed to like the look of a gleaming JD.

So pleased that JD's was back to its old gleaming self by the close of play yesterday. And the sort in the pub seemed to like the look of a gleaming JD.

Flol! One winked at me on the way out!

Aye, weird one this. But as said, with Ant's massive generosity we sorted it back to it's gleaming self.

hesaduju.jpg

zepuzy8e.jpg

pa7uhu9y.jpg

nejynu7e.jpg

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I enjoyed the whole day dude, it was great to pick up a machine again as it's been a few weeks and with the weather lately i've been itching to get back at it!

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Yes you do, that Audi will look seriously jaw dropping with fresh paint on the wheels and eibachs. Get DLUX for when you do?