ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

**100ml of Hydro2 Group Buy £10 Delivered!**

Range Rover Sport
The whole point of the product is not to dry though...

if it it's rinsed properly it will not leave streaks as there's nothing to streak. Sheet the water off and jobs a goodun. All I can think of is majorly s**t water left in the crevices leaving marks.

To be honest I cant see it being that?

Is there a chemical that would make it do this if the bottle was in direct sunlight? Maybe could have gone 'off' while cleaning the car? Cant see it being the drying of it as surely it would be more in a circular pattern rather than streaks going down the car?

Either way, i'll give it another clean tomorrow. It was only £10 so nothing gained and all that...

I'm screaming internally. Honestly. Tried it again. Spray on, jet wash off.

CarPro, do you want to tell me what the f**k is going on? Is this a bad batch? gally is someone from CarPro on here?

6y3e4a5y.jpg

yjumy6us.jpg

I can't drive my car like that. It's like it's been sat under a tree for a few decades.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
I tend to dab dry after Heston the water off. Only takes a single microfibre and think it makes it look a bit better. It's not needed at all, but I like to :p

3:1. RO water as well. Jet washed down. Even bought a jet wash of my own this morning with the express purpose of using this.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
I only had streaks where I hadn't rinsed off the Auto Finesse CP properly I used before applying the Hydr02.

Otherwise no issues for me on a black car.

It's like it's congealed :s

More crystallised, but yes. Pretty much on impact. Can't have been 5mins before jet washing. Car was cold. No water spots from washing and rinsing. Not in sunlight. I just can't see where user error comes I to it :(

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
More crystallised, but yes. Pretty much on impact. Can't have been 5mins before jet washing. Car was cold. No water spots from washing and rinsing. Not in sunlight. I just can't see where user error comes I to it :(

I usually wait around 10 - 20 seconds, not 5 minutes. Unsure if that would do this though!

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
It says go around the car no?

I personally do a panel or two at a time.

This is what CarPro say:

2. Dilute 1 part HydrO2 to 3 parts water (measure cap supplied 30ml), and shake.
3. Spray all vehicle surfaces. We recommend a hand pump sprayer for easy and faster application to large surfaces.
4. Immediately rinse well with strong water pressure or using a pressure washer to produce physical shock and create well formed coating. Then "flood rinse" the vehicle without a spray nozzle.
5. If needed wipe any excess droplets with a clean microfiber, wiping in one direction.

Range Rover Sport
I also didn't do panel at a time, I think it's there the fault is. It was around 2-3 minutes until I started pressure washing...

3. Spray all vehicle surfaces. We recommend a hand pump sprayer for easy and faster application to large surfaces.

Spray all vehicle surfaces. I did. Then immediately pressure washed. 5mins was over egging it. It was well under this.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG

Seems strange, I don't do a panel at a time either. I run around spraying silly quick the pressure wash for. The bottom up then the top down. I don't stop until I get zero of the very mild foam you get then I rinse with the open hose until as much water has gone as possible.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I've tried it over, triple, most AF waxes, dodo wax, swissvax, am details, g techniq reload. Probably more. I'm on my 5th bottle.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I'll forward the link to Craig in a moment mate. The only time i've seen anything like that was when it was left lying on the car too long, almost drying. Weird.

Range Rover Sport
I'll forward the link to Craig in a moment mate. The only time i've seen anything like that was when it was left lying on the car too long, almost drying. Weird.

Mine wasn't left on the car anywhere near 'drying' time, however it wasn't exactly 20 seconds either.

I'll know more when I attempt to clean it again tomorrow.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Mine wasn't left on the car anywhere near 'drying' time, however it wasn't exactly 20 seconds either.

I'll know more when I attempt to clean it again tomorrow.

Did you rinse thouroughly though? For instance, you apply to whole car, rinse everywhere amazingly, and do the roof last. Spend ages spraying roof, then forgot that all you have actually done is spray the roof's hydr02 all over the body of the car. Then it dries, hence this issue.

Or am I way off?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Did you rinse thouroughly though? For instance, you apply to whole car, rinse everywhere amazingly, and do the roof last. Spend ages spraying roof, then forgot that all you have actually done is spray the roof's hydr02 all over the body of the car. Then it dries, hence this issue.

Or am I way off?

That was a thought, really needs blasted off. It's maybe just been a poor bottle.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I did read something like this happening where Hydr02 wasn't completely rinsed off the panel after application.

JD user error lol. Payback for ribbing cliotoby for his smearing C2

I'd try applying to a single panel and rinsing to see if additional product may break down the dried residue left

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I did read something like this happening where Hydr02 wasn't completely rinsed off the panel after application.

JD user error lol. Payback for ribbing cliotoby for his smearing C2

I'd try applying to a single panel and rinsing to see if additional product may break down the dried residue left

Haha I did think of him ribbing Toby for having issues with applying C2v3. Have you used that sample I have you dude?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Spoken to Craig he was of the same opinion as me. Left too long/too hot/not totally rinsed, if that makes sense. Eraser will fix, as will a cleanser (I know, don't shout at me)

Range Rover Sport
I did think at first maybe left on too long. But the car was still wet and no where near drying.

Pressure washed so can't see it being that.

Maybe the weather as it was direct sunlight but let's be honest we hardly get Ibiza weather but I do think maybe the car was a little hot for this to be effective. Either way like I say I'll know more after another clean tomorrow but doubt I'll be buying any more.

That's great and all Kev, but I'm hardly one for user error. Mightily put off by this which is a shame. I will not be buying again. And it's cost me several hours of work.

Fixable, fine. Seven or eight hours of my time? f**k off. Unacceptable.

If this product is fussy by 30seconds, that's not acceptable for a mass market product. End of.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I'm lol'ing hard at this! @JD

I know for a fact if you can fcuk it up, I have absolutely no chance what so ever of pulling it off!

I'm lol'ing hard at this! @JD

I know for a fact if you can fcuk it up, I have absolutely no chance what so ever of pulling it off!

Genuinely; try it. If it works let me know. If not, there's something amiss. And I'll have another go or money back.