ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

106 Gti

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
What do people think of this.I'm tempted big style.

Its so cheap because the rear axle has gone.My mate who runs his own garage says he can get me one for £250 fitted(mates rates).

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/142269.htm

What do you reckon,should i offer him 1300 quid for it,providing everything else is ok that is...lol

ian

D

Dani

Good buy - get it QUICK!!! They usually sell for far more than than and that colour is the rarer of the rallye colours.

When he originally put that advert up it said £1000 so maybe he would take less.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
He's just down the road from me. Think i've seen it around. Seems a good deal to me.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Its 1.6 8v as apposed to a 1.6 16v.

Still for that price buy it.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
can someone tell me what it weighs and the bhp.

I still cant see the site advert either.Could someone put his number up here for me.Ill ring in the morning when i get up

cheers

ian

340i
The Phone number is:07825557519

the rallyes are a 1.6 8V around 106bhp, and weigh less than the GTI iirc

Toureg vW Transporte
yes yes do it,i friend had one and it was very rapid.rallye that is like this one.great fun.he had a new axel on his off a saxo vtr i think after he had a mishap with a couple of kerbs :)

Toureg vW Transporte
thats right indigo blue and bianca white,only available colours and all the options of window winders, hand operated central locking and the joys of no sound deadening,but truely a great car

Wheels dont look like the right size?
Standard rallyes came on 14" white steelies.

- Two of my mates had them from new, one had white & the other blue. I can tell you that fitting the standard air box back on one after the induction kit is a total pain in the back side !

You could get them in Yellow (sundance yellow) abroad, but never in the UK.

Black S2 106 Rallye LHD
Rallyes are 1.6 8v 840kg 103bhp

Gtis are 1.6 16v 920kg 120bhp IIRC

There were 500 series 2 Rallyes in white and blue, although I have an imported black one ;)

Standard rallyes came on 14" white steelies.
Lol, thats not what i meant fella. I meant that the aftermarket alloys fitted look like they stick out too far. Especially on the front. Wrong offset?

oops, my bad :eek: - yeah I see what you mean now, yeah they do seem to stick out a bit far, the close up pic of the wheels on the passenger side makes it really noticeable.

Renault Clio, 216 Tomcat
as i said before..being the owner of a 106 rallye they are great cars.. small engines bit can still shift when u sink trhe right foot. great on corners..any one who know east kilbride area will know oif mine no doubt and seen it about they are great handling cars aswell.. round about at silly speeds.. (cough cough..the murray roundabout from hairmyres goin to strathaven way.. 65 mph..cough cough) i got an older model also for 1000 and that had probs..thats a great price for one.. id take it in a heart beat mate.

clio 172
1500? that is very cheap i would check something isnt rong with it but thay are brilliant cars fast and amazing round corners

320d
One thing i'd want to know is how the rear beam got damaged they're not made of balsa wood!

I bent beam to me means buckled wheel(s) which is why is may have a fresh set of wheels on and i'd be surprised if the rear suspension was ok if the beam took a hit hard enough to bend it plus check the top mounts on the suspension ??

I beam is a beam on a 106 i'd say you could get one a clean one from a breakers for about £40-50. Might even be worth getting it blasted and powder coated before fitting