ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1080p Differences

Clio Dyn 1.2
Hi all,
I’m thinking about buying a new TV but it’s becoming a right ball ache trying to find the right one, as there is so much to choose from with different specs which I don’t really understand.

The question I have is what is the difference between HD READY 1080p and FULL 1080p; I was lead to believe that HD READY 1080p is just 1080i which isn’t as good as full 1080p. But then some people tell me HD READY 1080p is full HD! Soooo confusing and the people in the shops selling these products don’t have a clue eiver lol. The prices between the two are huge, u can save a fair few £ by going HD READY 1080p. I’ve tried to research this on the internet but no1 can give u definitive answer between the two? Some1 on here must no something lol?

I’ll be using a ps3 on the TV so ideally I’m going for the best definition possible :D

Any help would be much appreciated

Cheers peepz

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I thought there was only a difference between 1080p and 1080i

182FF with cup packs
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HD_ready

Explains a bit about HD Ready 1080p

It would appear from a bit of digging that FullHD only garantees that it can display a 1080p images, while HD Ready 1080p garantees that it can do all of the framerates at 1080

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1080p#Consumer_televisions_and_projectors
The AV equipment manufacturing industry has adopted the term Full HD as the consumer-friendly marketing term to mean the set is a safe purchase because it can display all available HD resolutions up to 1080p. The term is misleading, however, because it does not guarantee the set is capable of rendering digital video at all frame rates encoded in source files with 1080 pixel vertical resolution. Most notably, a "Full HD" set is not guaranteed to support the 1080p24 format, leading to consumer confusion.
DIGITALEUROPE (formerly EICTA) maintains the HD ready 1080p logo program that requires the certified TV sets to support 1080p24, 1080p50 and 1080p60, without overscan/underscan and picture distortion.