ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

10k Boost

Has anyone used this addative at all and is it worth it.

My mate says it does wonders if you take the air filter off and put a few drops in while revving the engine?

The Jinx

A few drops? arent you supposed to spray the whole 2 cans in? I have heard it works well though.

Its just a de-coking agent yknow. Removes all the nasty carbon deposits.

Skoda Fabia vRS

u take the filter off and spray it into the air intake

read the instructions though i cant remember how much of this you use

Yeah it does work wonders....

I put some in my valver when I first bought in at the 48K service.

Made it run a lot smoother etc...

Well worth it IMO.

Just dont be using it on engines that have too many miles on them, cos youll do more harm than good.

My brother used it on his AX GT which was near 100K and it pretty much ran like sh*t for a week before it blew up!

Depends......I wouldnt like to say.

My valver is now getting close to 57K, and Id use it again. (not that it needs it)

It is very good stuff. It cleans well cos you can see all the carbon deposits coming out the exhaust as it comes out. Think they say to use 2 cans on a car with 100K and 2 cans for cars with 50k. Or use it 1 can every 10K. OR something like that. It made my old car run smoother.

Iain C

ClioSport Club Member

very good stuff... Used it in my MX5 (on 70K) and it flew after using it..
The car dosent like running much tho as your doing it.. Mine cut out and it took ages 4 it 2 restart..It filled the street up with smoke!

i used carb cleaner on my valver , u gotta keep the revs high or it will just cut out like Iain C said ! tbh i didnt dotice any diffrence after using it ...

Revels Mum & Sister

I used it on 2 Previous cars

a Mk3 Fiesta on 50K and that was good made it nice and smooth!

Then I used it on my Old Nova GTE! And after that it used to suffer from Overheating and stalling. That was on 78K

I personally wouldnt use it. What can happen as it clears carbon. Can unplug previously blocked holes etc and cause all sorts of Probs!

Up to you though I guess!