ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

10month policies=NCB

clio 16v

does any one know which companies will accept a 10month accearator policy from Admiral as a years no claim? I have heard that some (most?) wont, and just wanted to save myself some time before i ring around companies only to find they wont accept my NCB!

Nike Lunar Elite's

Quote: Originally posted by DAVE_RSi on 07 July 2005

the paper u get will say u have 1 years more no claims

so everyone should take it
I would have to agree, when you get your certificate it wont even mention 10 months, its simply 1years ncb

Twingo 133

But when they ask how long you have been driving for, and it doesnt add up they will ask why..

Quote: Originally posted by arj256 on 07 July 2005
But when they ask how long you have been driving for, and it doesnt add up they will ask why..

very true i was refused on those groundsi should have 6 years but can only declare 5

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182

I hope elephant accept these rapid bonus schemes ,Anyone know if they do as they do it themselves as i was with norwich union which do 9 months policies and am wanting to switch to elephant .

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

Quote: Originally posted by arj256 on 07 July 2005

Spot on

If you read the terms & cons on soem of the Bonus Accelerators, it does mention to tell your next company about the difference in drivign months.

It does make a difference.... as the company assumes the 1 years NC was obtained by drivign for 1 whole year.

The only disadvantage I see is that it ties you to the same company for two years. Get the first year on a 10 month, second year on a 12 month and then you can go elsewhere and the proof of no claims states two years.

This is what i did with elephant.

Sometimes it makes sense imo!

Ive done it, in 10months ill have an extra years no claims and my insurance will be cheaper for the extra 2 months than it would have been if id gone for the full year to start with.

[Edited by Dan on 7/8/2005 10:53:11 PM]

Dink, why did you delete your post?

Ford F-150 5.4 V8

THE ncb accrued while on 10mnth policies is only any good with the company you take out the 10mnth policy. so nxt year they can charge yopu what they like or you leave with 0 NCB!

Polo + Micra

cos i wanted too.

i had a rethink because i thought you have cover for a full year but pay it off over ten months as i had to renew mine earlier and this is what happend

[Edited by Dink on 7/8/2005 10:56:39 PM]

easy, i got a 10month bonus accelerator from elephant,

im now with adrain flux, they asked if i had a years no claims, i said yes, they said send the renewel notice or the proof of the NCB and it says 1 years on the certificate so just do that, but dont tell them its a 10month bonus, otherwise u might drop urself in it!