ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

12k Service Costs?

Hi All,
I've just picked up my 182 from my local dealer after shelling out £212 for my 12,000 mile service. Does this sound right to you all?
I don't mind paying out, hell, the car is worth every penny but as i've only had the car for 6 months, i'm going to have to start saving for my next service now (maybe I should ask my girlfriend to get it for Christmas for me)
Anyway, your thoughts pls....

One other thing, when I reverse with full left hand lock, it feels like I'm driving on flat tyres... (Rim grinding kind of noises, feels nasty) Once on the move it feels fine. This only happens first thing in the morning, I don't know if that means anything, it never used to do it.

Cheers

Clio 182
I got quoted £50 today (Non Renault dealer) if i supply my own oil. What did they change for all that money?

Thats a lot but it depends where you are you should be able to get it done for £150 or so.
The rubbing is probably the archs cathcing on the wheels it shounds stupid but as standard they rub.

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
£126 + vat from us. 80 point check sheet, genuine parts. silkoline oil if required.

Andy
GDI

GW Stage 2 R26
paid 145 for 12k service on my 182 at the renault dealer in wedsnesbury west mids. they were the cheapest i cud find the most was 290! for the same bloody service!

Geessus £290!! Sounds like they make it up as they go along. They only charged me £81.00 + VAT for the labour and made the rest up out parts. I can't help thinking £25 + VAT is expensive for oem wipers bearing in mind they just "told me they were replacing them".

Ad

MK2 FRS
Does the £212 all in?? with wipers and a pollen filter off renault I rekon its not too bad. But can be got cheaper. I think its something like £24 for the wipers and the pollen filters around £20+. althou wouldnt have though it need the filter till the next service. only had mine done every 24k on my 172.

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255
SimonV6 said:
Just paid £159 for my first 12K service on my Vee from a main Dealer.

Simon

From the figures I've seen ... the standard service costs on the Vee are actually a little bit cheaper than those of the 172/182. That's of course until they start trying to tell you that you need new brake pads at £240 or whatever :dead:

Ford Fiesta
12K service is cabin filter changed, air filter changed and oil and filter changed.
A few checks done.

£135 if you supply your oil at Skipton Renault.

Well at least they stuck Shell in it.. Is the 12k service and minor or major one? I can't wait to find out what renault are gonna charge me for a set of plugs!

R26
Price sounds about right, as for the grinding noise my car does this too - only when the tyres are cold though - don't have a clue why though - but yes it does sound as though they are flat.

Maybe the wheel is grinding the car though? Dunno, but mine does it exactly during the same manouvre as you described