ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

15” or 16” Speedline Turini Wheels

S.J

Clio 182
Hi all

I’ve just bought a 182 that I plan to mainly use for trackdays.

I know a lot of people, on track at least, seem to use 15“ wheels. I assume this is for a variety of reasons, including the obviously cheaper tyres and possibly the weight savings too.

As I need tyres anyway and like the look of Turini’s I was going to buy a set of 15s and run 195/50 tyres on them.

I’m now having second thoughts, I’m now thinking that they’ll look a bit too small. I know it’s mainly going to be used on track but I still want it to look right when it’s not.

Has anyone got any experience of what 15” Turini’s look like on the 182? Any pictures even?

I’ve done lots of searches but the main pictures I’ve come across for 15” wheels seem to be the 2118, which actually look very good, although they’re about 2kg a wheel heavier than Turini’s i understand.

Cheers

Steve

C6B104D9-F830-4B40-A869-CAD15879DE9F.jpeg

Clio 172 cup
Should be plenty of pics of cars on 15s if you search. Think some in this thread

Reactions: S.J
I have just done exactly what you are considering, and have bought 15" Speedline Turinis with 195x50 AR-1 tyres. Replacing the OEM 16" wheels, same as in your photo.
My reasons are also similar, but mine is a track only car so I'm not concerned about the appearance. I'm saving about 1.5kg per corner, and a fortune on the difference between 15" and 16" tyres.

Only problem is I can't tell you about the handling or post photos, as I haven't fitted them yet!! Sorry.

I have a track day booked for 10th April when I hope to use up the remaining rubber on the 16" wheels in the first couple of sessions.
I will then fit the Turinis and take some photos.
So if you haven't sorted anything in the next couple of weeks I'll come back with pics.

Cheers,
Andy

S.J

Clio 182
I ended up going for the 15’s in the end with R888R tyres.

Like you say, massive difference between 15“ and 16” tyre prices.

Not fitted them either yet but from what I can tell they’re going to look great.

I‘ve bought them in the anthracite colour so I’m now looking out for some Renault centre caps. There are plenty about in silver but not in anthracite so I assume I’ll have to spray can them if I want to get them to match up.

CF2D8D50-B1CC-4240-9CC4-979F11DD2CCA.jpeg

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
Can you share some photographs once you have them fitted? I am very, very tempted to fit 15” Turini’s myself! But was worried they would look weird. So desperate to see what they look like on 15” and your car is the same colour as mine 👌👌

Where did you purchase them from?

S.J

Clio 182
Can you share some photographs once you have them fitted? I am very, very tempted to fit 15” Turini’s myself! But was worried they would look weird. So desperate to see what they look like on 15” and your car is the same colour as mine 👌👌

Where did you purchase them from?
No problem, will do.

They came from Wheelbase.

From what I can make out as long as the car is lowered a bit they should look fine.

S.J

Clio 182
Thanks for the info.

I’ve seen some centre cap Renault stickers on eBay that would go over the top of the existing centre caps. I’ll perhaps give those a go instead then.

S.J

Clio 182
I also have the 6.5". They are ET35 rather than the ET45 of the original 16x7 wheels.
Wheel offsets hurt my brain, but I think I worked out that although the Turinis are 1/2" narrower they actually sit about 4mm further out. So at least you get the same, if not slightly wider track.
That’s interesting, I knew the offset was different but was’t sure how the two would compensate each other. Sounds like it should all look about right then.

Clio 172
Hi all,

here's my 172 on 15" silver Turinis with 195x50 Yokohama A052 fitted. Interior is almost fully stripped and the car is sitting on Bilstein B14 coilover with rear lowered to the max. As for the track toy, I also do not fully care about the looks, but I plan to refurb them in anthracite this season.

clio.jpg