ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

15" alloy wheel advice

markmcgivern

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
Looking to buy some 15" wheels, car is a 182 cup in racing blue
I definitely want anthracite and am stuck between 3 wheels
Pro race 1.2 15x7 anthracite
Speedline turini 15x6.5 anthracite
Speedline 2118 15x7 anthracite ( don't like the fact there's no centre caps)

I was planning to run on federal rsr's as its garaged over the winter and wanted to know what people's opinions were?
Also heard some people running 205/50/15 and what do people think of this?

I've got 2118's on 195/50 PE2, looks wise they are spot on, the wheels are not the lightest (if that matters to you). I'm not a fan of Turini's in general and even more in 15's, they look like they have been pinched off a twingo. I like 1.2's in the flesh. Which do you like the best?

markmcgivern

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
Thanks for the input, I like the look of 2118's but put off by the no centre cap look. I've not seen pro race 1.2's in the flesh and maybe I should! the reason for going down to 15's is the better performance and possibility of running a 205 width tyre, also was looking to run on something like federal rsr's or the new toyo r1r. Someday next year I may decide to have a go on the track

Thanks for the input, I like the look of 2118's but put off by the no centre cap look. I've not seen pro race 1.2's in the flesh and maybe I should! the reason for going down to 15's is the better performance and possibility of running a 205 width tyre, also was looking to run on something like federal rsr's or the new toyo r1r. Someday next year I may decide to have a go on the track

Have a search on here mate, quite a few people have made their own centre caps or adapted them etc for 2118's

markmcgivern

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
I'd like to go with a 15" wheel and run a 205 tyre for that little bit extra rubber, currently running 15mm spacers and have h&r coilovers

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member
I have 2 sets of 1.2's one with 195/50/15 direzzas et35 and a set with 205/50/15 RSR's et43 with 16mm spacer and 2 1/4 deg negative camber
The 205's seem fine on the road I get a little bit of rubbing every now and again but nothing when on the track (the car is a track car and only gets driven to and from the track)
If you are going for 15's you will need to lower it as it looks silly otherwise, I am on cooksports.
Without lowering springs
DSC_0111_zps77b756e8.jpg

Direzza
photo25_zpsf497e350.jpg

RSR's
DSC_00292_zps22bf34d6.jpg

markmcgivern

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
So to some it up, it is possible to run a 205 tyre but you need the right spacing or some spacing, and some rubbing will be experienced when running very low and also expected on full lock?

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member
don't really notice any difference with the 205 RSR's because I have not compared them to 195 RSR's and it is not a fair comparison to the Direzzas as they are a far superior tyre.

The rubbing always seems to happen at the same place on full lock going into the petrol station, I cant tell if it is front or back (cant see no rubbing marks in the arch) but the car is fully loaded with 2 people spare wheels fuel and all the other crap I take with me lol

Ph2 Clio 172
The difference in price between 205 and 195 when I last bought RSRs was 50p, so that's not an argument.

I've not tried them on track yet, but on the road the 205s feel no different, but they do sit better on the rim. The 195s on a 7" rim always looked very slightly stretched to me.

markmcgivern

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
Mmmm, I thought I'd made my mind up on pro race 1.2 in anthracite but I'm still tempted by turinis in anthracite but there a 6.5 inch width