ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

15" or 16" 2118's???

172 Ph2
Having sold my Turini's I'm just about to order some Speedline 2118's. I know the norm is to fit 15" versions (as on the cup racers) but I'm a little worried they may look too small! Has anybody fitted 16's and if so, are there any pics about;) I think 15's are the best bet but I was just looking for PPL's opinion! Here's a few pics I found on the net, I thinkthey are all 15's:S

182W2118.gif

bluecup.gif

side-3.jpg

No more clio's for me!
I think it would look evil on 15's...but can you live with it like that every day?? It would be ultra bumpy. lol. As it only looks good decked to the floor, as the contrast between the top pick and the bottom pic, shows. The silver clio is to high at the back and looks a little lost.

The ph2's are deffo set up for a 16" wheel, so if it was my cash i'd stick with that thinking about it.

:)

Breaking A 172 Replica
I would go with 15 tbh.

Tyres are cheaper, ride is better and IMO look better in this wheel design.

I think this is going to be the new turini.

Sam

172 Ph2
15's are cheaper wheels, lighter wheels, cheaper tyres, better ride due to larger sidewall tyres! I know what you are saying about the ride height Danny, I guess the beauty of coil-overs is that I can set the ride height so it looks right too! I just wondered if anybody had fitted 16's and if they'd look loads better! On a similar note, what tyre size is best for a clio on 15's? 195/50/15's??

No more clio's for me!
15's are cheaper wheels, lighter wheels, cheaper tyres, better ride due to larger sidewall tyres! I know what you are saying about the ride height Danny, I guess the beauty of coil-overs is that I can set the ride height so it looks right too! I just wondered if anybody had fitted 16's and if they'd look loads better! On a similar note, what tyre size is best for a clio on 15's? 195/50/15's??

hmm, put like that i can only agree, the feel through the steering would be so much better. :)

Can't you get a 205 on? Bit of extra width.

172 Ph2
Maybe get a 205 on there, I'm not sure! I guess the 195 would give a bit more steering feel but a 205 more grip! That top silver car has been photoshopped by the looks of it, that's why the wheels look a bit odd. I did a quick colour change on the blue cup to give some kind of Idea(see below). I think it looks good! Should have them on the car by next weekend!

black.gif

Chocolate Bar™
looks awesome! definetely go for 15's and drop it onto the arches :D

oh - and 195/50/r15 is the tyre ive always used and will always use.

172 Ph2
looks awesome! definetely go for 15's and drop it onto the arches :D

oh - and 195/50/r15 is the tyre ive always used and will always use.

Yeh, 195/50/15 is what the guy at Demon Tweaks reckons too. I've got a set deposited there in 15's with Toyo T1-R's. Just gotta pay the balance this week and I'm in business:D Just wanted to make sure before I got the 15's, fitted them, and everbody says 'you should have got 16's!!' ;)

172 Ph2
Do they even come in 16's mate? Didnt think they did?

You may be right mate! Just had a look on the speedline website! They do the magnesium version in 16's but I can't seem to see the 2118 alloy is 16" after a quick look! Oh well, I'm sure the guy a DT offered me 16's. I guess it doesn't matter as I'm going for 15's anyway, maybe that's why I haven't seen any 16" pics:eek:

M2 Competition
Lol, no probs. Didnt realise you were only in witney mate! My mate runs the kickboxing academy up there, not too far away that. Have to do a meet sometime.

172 Ph2
Lol, no probs. Didnt realise you were only in witney mate! My mate runs the kickboxing academy up there, not too far away that. Have to do a meet sometime.

Yeh, we should have some nice summer evenings for a meet up in the months to come. There's bloody loads of Clio's in Witney;)

Having run 195/50/15 PE 2's on my 15's I found them to be much easier on the road and am only going back to 16's as my new brakes don't fit under them.

:)