ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

16" Alloys over 15"

ventura

ClioSport Club Member
HI Guys

Whats peoples experiences with 16" Alloys over 15"s? I know that 15" alloys are the ones to have and my car originally came with those on them. I will be using my car for track days and not an everyday car. The trouble is i have seen a set of OZ alloys that only come in 16" and above and i want them so badly!

Pros and cons welcome

Cheers

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Alot of people use 15s for track cars. Probably due to the tyre prices.

Some say 15s handle better too

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
My car handles so much better on 15's, I think its due to having less unsprung weight and the tyres cost pennies, its safe to say i wont be going back to 16's anytime soon!

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Ill be getting some 15's and ado8's soon enough hopefully, prefered the ph1 drive so I hope the 15's on 182 will make a nice difference.

LY Megane R26
I've just got my oz-f1 refurbished and RSR tyres, can't wait to fit them see how it feels over the Turinis.
Can't really say I have a preference as I haven't driven with 15" yet but tyre prices are a big pro for me, AD08 for example in 16" are £120 ish? Where as in 15" there £71! That's a saving over a set of 4 tbh!

ventura

ClioSport Club Member
It's weird beacuse the 15" speedlines looked ok on my old car whilst the team dynamics on my new car look lost in the arches. I dont know if thats because the car is black and so are the wheels? Has anyone painted there pro race 1.2's a different colour? I was thinking of doing mine in porsche GT3 blue?