ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

16v badge removal -.-

1.2 16v Dynamique
Hello guys, I recently bought my first car and it has one of those crappy 16v badges on the back, which at first I thought was cool but as time has passed I have realised its really horrible haha, I tried to pull it off but its on really well and it leaves some backing stuck to the paintwork, i don't want to pull it off completely because I am afraid that it might pull off my paintwork because I read somewhere on the forum that it happened to somebody, is there any technique that can be used to get it off like hot water or anything like that because it's really hideous and it needs to go! thanks, if anyone wants i can get a pic if it will help.

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Maybe warm it with a hair dryer then pull it off? Shouldn't be hard to get off! Then just use some polish afterwards :)

1.2 16v Dynamique
Its going to be quite hard to use a hair dryer seing as i live in an apartment and the car is in a car park :/ any other ideas? I could pull it off but then it leaves all of the backing stuck to the paintwork so its just how to get that off without pulling off paintwork really

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Id be more worried about scratching the paint rather than it falling off tbh! Wd40 will get the sticky stuff off, or alcohol or anything really.

1.2 16v Dynamique
ok thanks guys, I didn't get around to it i have been busy, I hope its not super glued on haha -.-

1.2 16v Dynamique
Well I successfully got it off with no scratches, the badge came off no problem but of course the sticky back was left on, a bit of wd40 and some elbow greese with a an old credit card did the job. thanks a lot guys