ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

16V bonnet and arches

V6 engined Mk3 Astravan
quick question, i have a clio 1.2 phase 3 (i think!?) its the one with headlamps like the rsi, but it got front ended the other night and i can get hold of some 16v wider arches and a 16v bonnet cheap, i was wondering first if the bonnet and arches will fit but also would the square style headlamps fit? as id need to get the square ones to match the bonnet, are the mounting holes the same or simalar or are they in a totally different position?
any help would be great, thanks a lot
Jonny

Punto/Clio GTT
the wings will fit straight on, you just need to flare the bumper slightly, pack it with washers so its straight as possible.

ive heard the headlamps dont fit the front panel on the phase 3 but this is from someone who doesnt have a clue n im pretty sure with a bit og grinding and persuasion you can get them to fit no probs. even if the mounting holes dont line up just drill your own n bolt it down.

V6 engined Mk3 Astravan
iv managed to get wings and bonnet on, i already had the 16v bumpers so that was no problem, just waiting for my new lights to arrive, im sure il find some way to get them to fit *fingers crossed*
thanks
Jonny

P.s its the shape like yours (or the one in your pic) dunno if thats a phase 3? its a 1996 model

Rip3z said:
I've done this conversion, lights fit fine.

Yes, it's a phase 3.

Did you solve the problem of not being able to get to the headlight adjusters? Just made a hole? Or was it there?

I can't remember on mine.. I know the interior height adjustment won't work..

Valver Lookalike Mk1 Ph3
Yes, all except the adjuster plugs (because ph1/2 is manual, ph3 is electric) so they will just be loose.

V6 engined Mk3 Astravan
well i have my arches and bonnet on, just waiting for the headlamps to arrive tomorrow...