ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

16V brake conversion

Evo4, MITO, 172 TTV6
Ive got a 1.2mk1 and going to put 16v brakes on it. Am I right in thinking its just calipers, disks and pads that need doing? Also where can I get a cheap set of braided brake lines.

Cheers

Adam

Erm...anyone thats breaking a clio 16v/williams/R19 16v - matbrown/infinicar/LTR etc?

Try on www.retro-renault.com...you'll likely get an entire car for what you pay for the brakes on here!

Rb 182
Do it works 100* better than standards :)

Old shitty 1.4rt style
babybrakes.gif

valver styleeeee
daddybrakes2.gif

MR2 2.0 N/A & Mk1 1.2Clio
i am also thinking about doing this to mine aswel. anything else id need to upgrade?

Evo4, MITO, 172 TTV6
lol...ill try but dont get paid until friday and even then itll be in two lots between this and next friday! Waiting for wages sucks :(

Evo4, MITO, 172 TTV6
jonesyx said:
i am also thinking about doing this to mine aswel. anything else id need to upgrade?

Just calipers+carriers, disks and pads (been listening to everyone on the thread helping me! lol

what other brakes would fit? r19, also is there a differnce between rsi and valver brakes?

Rb 182
Yes there is a diffrence between Rsi and valver ones. TBH i would just go for the valver ones. I thought about going for 172 brakes but it was far too much hassle!

:)

Oh you need calipers, carriers, new discs and pads, and the bolts as well (if poss)

Evo4, MITO, 172 TTV6
Djw Dave said:
Oh you need calipers, carriers, new discs and pads, and the bolts as well (if poss)

hehe beat you to it :approve: lol

The difference between the valver and rsi ones are that the rsi disks have a smaller diameter. Thats why im going for valver, for FCS Track!

should i buy brand new pads and discs and just source a second hand set of calipers?

Rb 182
ajketley said:
hehe beat you to it :approve: lol

The difference between the valver and rsi ones are that the rsi disks have a smaller diameter. Thats why im going for valver, for FCS Track!

Nice :)

i wish i could do some Fcs tracktime, but its too much of a chance to take if the cars not ready :(

Evo4, MITO, 172 TTV6
If you think itll be ready put your name down! I guess youll need time to get used to it and it set up? Itll be my first time on track so being a 1.2 ill get passed quite a number of times :( lol

Rb 182
ajketley said:
If you think itll be ready put your name down! I guess youll need time to get used to it and it set up? Itll be my first time on track so being a 1.2 ill get passed quite a number of times :( lol

It's a might be ready in time. It should be but it will still be getting set up suspension etc, and the fact that its like a 6hour drive back to where i live form Fcs, so if somrthings not right i dont really wnat it to break there!

:(