ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

16v driveshaft end(gearbox)

i went to see the bloke who is fittin my new willy box in tonite to c y its taking so long?gearbox is in lovely but 1 of the ball bearing racers that is on the gearbox end of the driveshaft(1 of 3) has fell off is this gona be pricey,can you just buy 1??

thanks

Williams 2, STi N12

You mean the 3-pronged type?? I have a fairly healthy suspision that if you go to Renault they will supply you with a complete 3-pronged assembly that you have to put back on yourself. I am of course assuming here it is the n/s one as the o/s side one is fixed and attached by the stub axle.

If n/s then you have to take it off to replace the rubber gaiter, and just needs pulling off (with hammer) and new one sliding back on.

Dont know about cost, sorry.

Clio II 1.4 Priveleg

Oh dear!

I do hope the race and bearing fell off BEFORE he put the shaft in the gearbox! Otherwise all these needle rollers will be inside your new gearbox.

If it fell apart outside, why not just pick up all the needle rollers and reassemble? (after cleaning and oiling them of course!)

I dont think you can get the 3 pronged rollers seperately - comes with the driveshaft normally, but I could be wrong. Ill have a look tomorrow at work.

Bob RTE