ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

16v feul pump problem

parked up the clio for about a week and a half,went back to it yesterday to start it,when i turned on the ignition the fuel pump didnt energise.checked that there was power going to it and there is,it seems obvious that the pump must be f**ked,but how could this have happened when the car wasnt even in use?!any suggestions or ideas as to what else on the off chance might be wrong before i shell out for a new pump?

172 Cup, V6 255, Williams

Check the middle relay in the group of 3 identical ones in the aux fuse box under the bonnet (near the n/s turret)

Take it out, and replace it with another one.

Had this very problem a couple of days ago.

Paul

checked the relay,swapped it with another and still no go,even tried bridging terminal no.3 and 5,doesnt energise,same when i turn on the ign,theres power going to the pump alright but no go.how much would you be looking for a pump,its the later type with the 5 wire plug,1993