ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

16v Fixing Slow E/Windows!

Was a Clio 1.8 16v

Any1 had a slow passenger electric window and had a go at fixing it?

Clean switches? Oil motor?

Any help? Cheers.

I think this is a problem everyone suffers from with there 16vs... Having said that every car ive owned has had a temperamental passenger side window. If it really bothers you that much you could try to oil the runners maybe?! not sure if the motor has anything to do with it.. its as if the passenger gets a lower set of volts then on the drivers side?!my XR3I was the same.

(or maybe its just a problem with pearl black Clios, making up for there awesome looks) ;)

I think quite funny to be honest... My mates piss them selves when they watch the windows go up and almost stop before shutting completely... :D

Mine does it - unfortunately from experience on other cars it probably means a new motor to fix it.

Im not that concerned, id rather replace the motors and get wind ups anyway, but i probably wont say that in summer.

TT 225

Mines had a new window regulator thing and its still slow - i just figured it was how its supposed to be :)

My passenger window flies when i use it, however the drivers side is dead. I replaced the switch because one day it went down and wouldnt come back up!!! But the new switch is a little iffy, i reckon it might be the wiring somewhere.

190 BHP Willy 2

A can of silicon spray does the trick.

I fitted a new regulator and that improved it a bit but not much, but after the silicon spray it flew.

These should be the pins for putting direct power to the window motor, which will tell you if its the switches or window mechanism thats the problem.

Passenger side, passenger window switch:
pins 2 & 6 (grey+green, white)

Drivers side, drivers window switch:
1 & 5 (white, Orange)

You need to run a couple of wires from the a battery into these connections on the plugs to see how the windows move. These are from the haynes manual and I havent tried this myself so I cant take responsibility for any damage! Interested to hear the results from anyone who tries it though!