ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

16v flat in 5th gear

BMW 535D

i can get to around 122mph in 4th just before the limiter and then as soon as i change up into 5th it goes dead, nothing, no pull at all

my car is on 17s and my mods are superchip, piperx, and full magnex system with de-cat.

the car has just had a full service also

any ideas ppl?

2004 Racing Blue 182

where did u get your chip done mate??? did it make alot of difference to acceleration?

sorry for interupting your thread pal!

-->BV

Apparentely (and it works with mine) the worst thing you can do it deck the accelerater. Push it gradually between 3/4 and full throttle and you should be able to go faster.

Ive had 130mph out of mine without hitting the floor!

BMW 535D

i think my superchip has raised my rev limiter slightly, it redlines in 4th at around mailto:120mph@ 7700">122mph @ 7700rpm

black valver - i bought the car with the superchip on but i should imagine that without it it would be a bit slower yes

tom 16v - cheers fella, i tried that before on the way upto newcastle the other nite and saw 125mph with no effort really, could have gone further i think

think i may have to do a bit of research

S4 (320bhp) + Clio 16v

Ive got 17s on my vavler and it hits 130 on a flat road. after a long time but it does get there. The engine is standard

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

iv got 16s on at min and it pulled to 137 racing a 2.0 19 16v a few months back.

it definately had more in it but the road was starting to bend! but it was late and the roads were clear! and i didnt blink at all!

ive had around 122 in 4th and 129 out of 5th but i had to slow down as my mate was gettin scared and there was traffic ahead ! im on 17s , i really wanna get some 15s and see what my beast can do !

(ex-2.0 Hybrid)CorradoVR6

usually get around about 115 in 4th and have had 135 in 5th before i had to slow. This is with standard ecu.

BMW 535D

i got it to 130mph tonite with no bother, it felt like it was just starting to come into the sweet spot again accelerating at 125mph, just started picking up, i had to slow down because of traffic but it could have gone quicker :D

on 17s youll be doing higher than your indicatd speed unless tyouve had the speedo recalibrated. circumference of the wheels is larger so your travelling furthur for the same wheel revolutions. so the car will struggle more at the higher indicated speeds

Clio 1.8 16v

i got 125 out of mine but now i have had it chipped can get 100 out of 3rd!!i got 140easy out of my valver at 6500revs but dont just keep ur foot planted ease it on coz u will just flood the engine with petrol and will not get the best burn.

172 exclusive no 172

im running 15s still and frequently hit 118-120 in fourth, as son as i change up the power drops a little then picks up again round to 130 plus :D