ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

16v heat shield

is anyone running their 16v without the heat shield?

mine is in a very sorry state and am wondering whether to remove it completey (until i can get a new one) or leave the old one stuck in their flapping about as it is at the moment

I ran mine without it for a month and it was fine. Have got one now tho and its probably for the best. Just get one in good nick from a breakers yard. They are dead chep. take it your talking about the exhaust manifold heat sheild by the way!

yeah sorry, forgot to specify!!

will probs leave it wedged in there for now then - just to be on the safe side.

how much are they from renault?

Focus ST

Heatshield?!:confused: Ive had mine for over a year and a half and dont think Ive ever had one! What is it shielding from the heat of the manifold?

yes, it is shielding the heat from the manifold. It is protecting the brake lines and cables.

They are £46 from renault iirc.

Regards,

Chris.

There you go then - i was close! They do protect all the break lines and stuff and believe me- thats important - the exhaust manifold gets the hottest! Burnt me wrist on it and had to go to hospital - it hurt, a lot!

flippin expensive bit of foil!!

anyone got a different solution - custom made heat shield??

might have to hunt round the scrappies if not!!

seriously - try a breakers yard! They can usually be trusted so long as you ask them to describe the condition of it. Mine was like new and i only paid 8 quid for it +£2 postage

someone made one, and put a pic of it on here. try running a search.

Ill be making my own soon, out of heat proof matting stuff. It is very expensive, but Im gonna get a free sample from one of our suppliers at work.

Regards,

Chris.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Im using a smaller R19 16v one that i got from a mate.

Its smaller and still covers all the brake pipes and so on!

I made one from aluminium plate (do a search or look in my gallery), which can be polished up or painted with a reflective paint covering, works great, looks better, wont rust and will last ages. Might make a few more for people with the plate I have left, if anybody interested? Will look into it

(ex-2.0 Hybrid)CorradoVR6

its not just a bit of metal though, that would just conduct the heat, its multi-layered. Also i wouldnt bother with a second hand one unless its mint as it will only degrade and youll end up having to buy a new one a year down the line.