ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

16v idles rough when cold and doesnt wanna go

clio 182 FF + chipped
HI, some nice person told me the other day on here that my car was stalls due to my coolant temp sensor when my car was warm. So i renewed it and it sorted that problem out but now when i first sart my car it idles very low when cold so i have to sit about a while before i can go. AS when i try to drive the car from cold it has no power and doesnt want to move.Any ideas why its doing this?

They're all a bit unhappy when they're cold - you have to treat them gently 'til they've warmed up! :p

But if it's idling really low then it might be worth seeing if you can remove, clean and replace the ISCV (Idle Speed Control Valve).

Just don't ask me how or where it is as I have no idea... LOL :clown:

Skoda Fabia vRS
yup, remove and clean with carb cleaner the ISCV

thats the first thing to check as its common for them to get gunked up, my mates got a BMW and they use an almost identical part, his was doing the same, cleaned it the other day and it runs sweet now

clio 182 FF + chipped
iscv is clean and healthy as i removed it not long ago and replaced it with a new one. i will have to give the pipes a look at many thanks people.

Nissan 200sx s14,clio 16v
your lambda sensor is in your exhaust manifold at the bottom of end, its a sensor that measures your air to fuel mixture and sends signals to the ecu to adjust accordingly!!

Skoda Fabia vRS
it has a coil in it that heats it up when you turn the ignition on, if this is broke then it takes time for the exhaust to heat up so the lambda does, common problem