ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

16v instument panel help!

Got a couple of bulbs gone on my main instrument panel, looked in my haynes manual, but it says the under side of the dash has to be removed to get the instument panel off, can you do it without removing the instrument panel? and how? Its my parking and dipped bulbs that are blown!

Anyone help me?

Cheers

Baz

i think it means just the lower plastic parts around the underneath of the steering column. These removed reveals 2 screws, undo these and the two at the top(after the top part of the dash has come off) and youll be able to withdraw the instrument panel but be careful of the speedo cable and the other electrical socket plugged to the back of the instrument panel.

Did this yesterday - piece of cake.

You need to take off the bottom of the steering shround to get to two of the nuts that hold the main dials in place. Then take off the top of the dash, revealing two more screws on top of the dials unit. Once youve done these, pull the dials away from the dash - this bit is hard and can take some brute force, so dont be afraid to get heavy handed. If youre having real trouble, the speedo cable feeds through the bulkhead in the passenger footwell - you can give it a tug at this point to give you some slack. You also have to pull out about another five connections or so from the back of the dials unit.

The little bulbs screw in and out. Make sure you replace the right ones as its a b**ch having to do it all over again!!

the small ones u can get from halfors 2.2 w i think

small type 1 bulb on its own

small type 2 builb already in holder

the others are also avalible in halfors and a lot cheaper than buying from reno