ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

16v lump in a 1.4 RT

am thinkin off lumpin in a 1.8 1.6v engine in to my 1.4 rt was just wondering how much it will cost to lump one in, i was gonna leave the 1.4 rt gear box in as it wud b used on 1/4mile runs so it wud have sh*t fast accl but not as high top end. also need brake from a valver as well..

the engine might be coming from wieght so am just waiting for pay day for that. also ive emailed Hillpower about the conversion but aint had a reply yet

so how much wud it cost to do and who can do it?

also my RT is a 1998 phase 3 so will the engine still fit in or wud i need new mounts?

cheers marc

as i posted in ure other threed u would be better off putting a r5 turbo

the conversion would cost about 1 k + a R5 for the engine

insurance wise liverpool victoria would be ure best bet

john

if u want a valver conversion then Torsion tuning would do it for cheaper than a GTT lump as less wiring and pissin bout!

give em a call on 07949200705 afta 6:30pm and they will give ya a good quote

tell me Alex gave u the number and ur a cliosport member and theyll sort u out!

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

I dont think LV will insure any under 21s on a turbod car anymore, could be wrong tho.

Valver engine is more modern than the GT for what its worth, and looks better IMO!! Extra torque from the new engine might see to the RT gearbox tho, probably best sticking with the valver one for better all round performance.

Rick