ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

16v or punto gt

In a couple of months i am thinking of changing my rt for either a 16v or a puto gt.

What one do you think is best?

LMAO !! what do you think 99% of the people on this forum are gonna say ?? Ill take you out in my 16v if u need your doubts removing !!

Everyone is going to say 16v.. cus its a Clio site.

Dean just sold his Valver for a Punto GT.. ask him.

I am pretty sure i will be going for the 16v. I was mainly attracted to a gt because of the turbo. But the looks of a 16v are a lot better and i have herd punto are crap at handling.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member

ive had 2 valvers and a punto gt. If u like turbos get a gt but dont expect decent handling without coilovers. valvers look better and handle better and to be honest theres not much difference in speed.

Fix It Again Tomorrow

nuff sed?

plus i just bought another clio and how people can drive ne thin else confuses me! specially a car that runs on elastic band lol!

Quote: Originally posted by h3lter on 23 February 2004

Fix It Again Tomorrow

nuff sed?

plus i just bought another clio and how people can drive ne thin else confuses me! specially a car that runs on elastic band lol!

not really. Clios are not great for build quality. take a test drive of both

Clart

ClioSport Club Member

Fix It Again Tomorrow

nuff sed?

Fiats are more reliable than u think

Fix It Again Tomorrow

nuff sed?

I have had more problems & rattles with my Clio than I ever had with the several Fiats I have owned.

If you own a VW group car etc you may have a point but using that joke with a french car just doesnt wash mate ;)

A Punto GT is fast when on boost but ordinary off it. Handling wise it aint too hot. Too much power for that FWD chassis. My 172 handles torque steer etc far far better.

Darren

Quote: Originally posted by Darren555 on 23 February 2004

Fix It Again Tomorrow

nuff sed?

I have had more problems & rattles with my Clio than I ever had with the several Fiats I have owned.

If you own a VW group car etc you may have a point but using that joke with a french car just doesnt wash mate ;)

A Punto GT is fast when on boost but ordinary off it. Handling wise it aint too hot. Too much power for that FWD chassis. My 172 handles torque steer etc far far better.

Darren
true wot u sayy about build quality but i would argue that renault are the best out of the 3 french manufacturers!

just due to the ripples forminf in all of my mates vtr doors and my cousins 206 that shredded our arms when fittin the ice due to sharp shards of metal hidden by bits of plastic!

Being a turbo im sure a Punto would have better tuning potential. If you intend to leave it std though go for a 16v. Insurance is cheaper too.

Yeah but turbos are a pretty useful thing as well. Keeps cars light but powerful. Not that 16v got a weight problem or anything. 16vs are a little torque defficiant as well but that dont matter as long as you know how to use a gearbox.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

I test drove a punto gt with 190bhp! Fookin rapid and it had a dump valve, ahhh it was like a dream.........:D

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

It had uprated shocks and springs on standard 14s (Which are about 1" wide!) and it was alright! Steering seemed well light compared to a valver! I test drove a standard abarth one once too but that seemed to be well slow!

I must add that i didnt buy the 190bhp one in the end because i got a RAC check on it - it had rusted brake lines, drive shaft was cracked and a load of other things wrong with it!

My mate has a standard one too and my valver kills it!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Nah the one i drove had a standard dump valve that you could hear, leather and different bumpers and side skirts.

300bhp MR2 Turbo

My mates got a GT - 157bhp at the fly, drove it, felt pretty quick.

Possibly the most un-inspiring drive ive ever had, cant feel the steering, thes no feeling from the road, go round a corner and you wouldnt know if youd lost it till the things on the roof.

Really bland interior with not nice seats as well. Outsides not all that nice either.

He struggles with my standard valver and when I really give it his boost light comes on so he has to ease off incase he blows up or melts a piston or something that doesnt apply to me!!

I like turbos but not them!!

300bhp MR2 Turbo

For the same sort of money you could get a Cavalier or Calibra Turbo and they are better cars for the money.