ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

16v Rocker cover gasket

1996 Valver
Anyone changed one on their valver?

I am more than happy to do the work but just interested if there are any bits to look out for!

Changing it because I am getting an oil leak from somewhere dripping down the block, plus the tops of the spark plugs are getting oil on them, You guys think rocker cover might be the problem?

Thanks

Yep, likely to be rocker cover gasket and easy to change....30mins max and no extra parts needed beside the gasket.

Clio Mk1 Hybrid
Use a genuine Renault one. I used one from GSF and it didn't seem to be great quality and was leaking again within a month.

I got mine from gsf (german,sweedish & french) at was about £8 - i think, mine was fine didn't leak at all, when you put the rocker cover back on just make sure you tighten up each screw evenly before tightening them properly (this will help it to seal better)